Another XC "Muscle car" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 04:34   #1 (permalink)

Another XC "Muscle car"

http://www.australianmusclecarsales...._ford_fairmont
and to think I could have told him where to get the right jade grren seat trim from! It says it has Simmon's??? I dont see any! Only turbos. lol
If that one's worth $7,500 then mines gotta be worth $17,500, lol
I think I might paint mine withe the same light green "GT" accents, what do you reckon? http://gallery.fordforums.com/showga...00&ppuser=7503
I shouldnt criticise other's tatses, but why advertise it as a muscle car?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 15:14   #2 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Re: Another XC "Muscle car"

i'm hearing ya with this muscle car crap. if it's old with a v8 it becomes a muscle car. yeah right.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:54   #3 (permalink)
low n' loud XY351

Nope, you are well within your rights. Having owned a few GXL's in the past I'd have to agree.......that is a truly treacherous way to bugger the looks of it.......And some people wonder why the Holden boys laugh!!!
DRTY HO
lownloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:04   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownloud
Nope, you are well within your rights. Having owned a few GXL's in the past I'd have to agree.......that is a truly treacherous way to bugger the looks of it.......And some people wonder why the Holden boys laugh!!!
Don't worry, there are plenty of older Commodores getting around with crappy body kits for us to laugh at. When I got my GXL the GF of the time told me it "looked like a car that old Greek men drive". I guess they'd all be dead now.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:10   #5 (permalink)
a.k.a Superoo on IRC

hahah I almost brought an xc sedan from an old greek man :/
Old 05-16-2005, 18:43   #6 (permalink)
Your Village wants you...

Have to agree with the previous comments about the accents in light green. Yuk, the guy is dreamin if he thinks it's worth that much without the simmons and that scrappy paint job.

I think the criticism about the GXL is a bit harsh. My old man has one, second owner. When he was changing the gearbox out for a toploader, he said most of the suspenion is marked GT. My interpretation of some of the news stories of the time, this was as close you could make a GT without having the name badge on it(i.e. the GXL label) I took this as meaning only if you purchased it with the 5.8L option motor. I think it's a beautiful car to drive, and there's very little differnet to the XB GT's i've seen. I'd buy one (only if it was identicle to my fathers) as i do happen to think of them and the XC Cobra as the last of the Muscle era from Ford Australia.

Well Thats my two cents worth anyway

Gonna get me two BA GT's, then XA, XB, XT, XR,......Til I have them all and then build a temple for them, so we can all worship.
SinisterHorze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 23:34   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterHorze
Have to agree with the previous comments about the accents in light green. Yuk, the guy is dreamin if he thinks it's worth that much without the simmons and that scrappy paint job.

I think the criticism about the GXL is a bit harsh. My old man has one, second owner. When he was changing the gearbox out for a toploader, he said most of the suspenion is marked GT. My interpretation of some of the news stories of the time, this was as close you could make a GT without having the name badge on it(i.e. the GXL label) I took this as meaning only if you purchased it with the 5.8L option motor. I think it's a beautiful car to drive, and there's very little differnet to the XB GT's i've seen. I'd buy one (only if it was identicle to my fathers) as i do happen to think of them and the XC Cobra as the last of the Muscle era from Ford Australia.

Well Thats my two cents worth anyway
Yeah, mine has G.T. stamped on the lower rear shock absorber mounting plates. (big deal) It has 5 leaf rear springs which I believe were part of the "outback pack" (along with a sump guard, which I still have, and a heavy duty air cleaner). It is often said that they dropped the GT name because they were becoming expensive to insure.
Old 05-24-2005, 22:36   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
http://www.australianmusclecarsales...._ford_fairmont
and to think I could have told him where to get the right jade grren seat trim from! It says it has Simmon's??? I dont see any! Only turbos. lol
If that one's worth $7,500 then mines gotta be worth $17,500, lol
I think I might paint mine withe the same light green "GT" accents, what do you reckon? http://gallery.fordforums.com/showga...00&ppuser=7503
I shouldnt criticise other's tatses, but why advertise it as a muscle car?.
Looks like your favourite Fairmont just got a whole lot cheaper....

Fairmont on Ebay with nice green bits
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 00:25   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road runner
Looks like your favourite Fairmont just got a whole lot cheaper....

Fairmont on Ebay with nice green bits
Still almost TWICE what I paid for mine in 1992 with 12 months rego. And no extra green bits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons