Aussie classics going overseas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2001, 08:47   #1 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Aussie classics going overseas

OMG!!! I've just been checking the sites that advertise XA - XB GT's to be converted to Mad Max replicas in the US. I nearly cried. How the hell could we let this happen??? Don't they know these cars are sacred?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2001, 15:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Aussie classics going overseas

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
OMG!!! I've just been checking the sites that advertise XA - XB GT's to be converted to Mad Max replicas in the US. I nearly cried. How the hell could we let this happen??? Don't they know these cars are sacred?
At a guess I would say not:(
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

These guys have been around for a few years, and their web site keeps getting more professional as time goes on.

They are based out of Texas and are taking advantage of laws that say that a car older than 25 years does not have to be converted to LHD. The same laws apparently exist in Victoria now.

I was considering my future options in the US. If had stayed for a few more years, I was contemplating getting one to proudly display my Aussie heritage.

The website here

But it makes you wonder. Would a 1975 Falcon GT Coupe be worth $30,000 AUD? Because that's the equivalent of how much they're selling for in the US. If you own'ed one, you'd be crazy not to sell one in the US if it doubled your money.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 17:34   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke Plaizier

But it makes you wonder. Would a 1975 Falcon GT Coupe be worth $30,000 AUD? Because that's the equivalent of how much they're selling for in the US. If you own'ed one, you'd be crazy not to sell one in the US if it doubled your money.
I guess it's similar to Aussies paying $30,000 for a Mustang, by the time you take into account, shipping, import duties, other taxes, quarantine fees and exchange rate it's probably not as much of a goldmine as you would think.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 17:48   #5 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Yes the American's a just starting to do what we've been doing for years. There are many Americans who are excited to see their muscle cars spread throughout the world, and then still quite a few that get angry that their classics are leaving their shores, and more often than not being completely butchered by swapping the steering to RHD...

The one thing that does amaze them is the prices we pay down here but when you factor in currency conversion, shipping, draconian import duties and taxes it really does add up.

That's why their asking so much for the Aussie stuff over there. Not because it really is worth that much, but to cover all the costs of getting them over there. The Americans are very lazy and reluctant to import cars from overseas themselves...
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 23:50   #6 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

This is all fine but still very painfull when you consider the very limited number of these cars built as compared to the number of American muscle cars built.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons