Backspacing on XB Coupe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2002, 01:25   #1 (permalink)

Question Backspacing on XB Coupe

Has anyone fitted 10inch wide rims to an XB Coupe? What I'm after is some advice on the correct backspacing to allow me to have all of the rim/tyre inside the body line. The rear end is a disc 9 in' from a '74 LTD (same width as GT Falcon?). If I can't fit 10inch rims whats my next option 9's, 8,s ?.
I originally posted this on the Ford Muscle site and was directed here by tony.k (thanks).
XBHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2002, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
must stay under 0.25 ppd.

hi again.
my XA coupe (years ago) had 15x8 with 275 50series TA's on it. (they were shit) They hit the inner arch if I really dipped the car hard but it had 1 inch lowering blocks too. I cant remember if they were offset or not. I think they were set positive on track by an inch.
There is a coupe owner or two on this board who may be running the big rims.

I think you can fit 10" rims and 265 or 275 tyres on it with no offset or 10p etc. You are more likely to hit the inner wheel arch than the outer one.

Have you been to a rim seller to test fit???
They should be able to help??
Old 08-12-2002, 03:20   #3 (permalink)

A mate of mine had 12 slots fitted with 295's on an XB Coupe, not sure of the rim width but I think they were 10". The offset was very close to the leaf spring but they still rubbed on both sides of the guard at standard ride height. This is why you see so many jacked up at the back, which on a coupe looks pretty stupid.

I reakon 9" rims with 265 should fit well enough to allow you to keep the rear nice and low.
XAXEXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:30   #4 (permalink)
must stay under 0.25 ppd.

Talk about it... xafalcon has responded in great detail on the original site!!

http://www.fordmuscle.com/phpBB/view...c=6203&forum=1
Old 08-12-2002, 03:54   #5 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Cheers for the replies. Just took a look at the reply from xafalcon on the ford muscle site, sounds like a reasonable fit using 10" rims & 295's with a 59.5" wide diff. If the disc rear is 61.5" wide I may be able to use similar rims & tyres but with another 1" offset to center the wheels within the arches. Off to the garage to measure the diff!!

I can't take the car to any rim suppliers at present as I don't have any that fit (Long story). But am in the process of borrowing some(thanx t.k).
XBHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons