Ford Forums banner

Biggest wheels on a XA/XB coupe without modifications.

20K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  cedric 
#1 ·
I was wondering how wide people have gone on thier XA/XB without having to do any mods. im buying a XB fairmont, underneath is stock, this week and want to put huge wheels on the back but am not sure where to find this info. can you go bigger than 295? i wanted 315's but im not sure they would fit.

#2 ·
spoonta66 said:
I was wondering how wide people have gone on thier XA/XB without having to do any mods. im buying a XB fairmont, underneath is stock, this week and want to put huge wheels on the back but am not sure where to find this info. can you go bigger than 295? i wanted 315's but im not sure they would fit.
Bear in mind that anything 26mm over the largest factory wheels will require an engineers certificate and then the biggest you can go with rims is 10". (in NSW anyhow).
No point in giving an insurance company the opportunity not to pay up if the worst happens.
Regards,
Tote

#8 ·
I'm running 17x10's with 275/40/17 rubber. Fits easy as ... I have the guards rolled for neatness ... but no need for it.

#9 ·
Have seen 275/35 ZR17 on a 17" x 11" rim with no trouble.

#18 ·
Decided to go with the Challengers charcoal and silver with 15x10" on the back with 295's if they fit otherwise 275 and 15 x 8" on the front with 235's. do you all think these would look alright and fit properly?

#21 ·
spoonta66 said:
going to leave it deep metallic maroon as we are having problems with the insurance co. just repairing the scratch now instead of full respray.
for the maroon i'd go gold centres.
my xb is red and when i bought it the wheels were the gold centre csa globes. didn't really look right so we painted them satin black and they looked great. unfortunatly when i lowered it the 15x8's on the back kept scrubbing and i didn't want to fold the arches up so i went to 14x7 twelve slots.

#25 ·
XA_JG66 said:
i run 305/45/15 bfg euro's on a 15x10" rim. the diff has been narrowed by 25mm but i imagine you could over come that with a slightly different offset.
Narrowed, or an XY width diff?

I'll Just say, I hate all you people using XY diffs in XA onwards cars... its hard enough finding them without every man and his dog with an XA/XB/XC/XD/XE wanting one cos its cheaper than narrowing their existing diff..... :fraz:
Ben
(desperatley seeking an XY 9")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.