Buying new tyres to get for my xc? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2006, 21:59   #1 (permalink)
xc ute

Buying new tyres to get for my xc?

Hi got to buy some new tyres for my ute. It got 12 slots 7 " at the front and 8" at the back with 245 /50 14 and 265/50/14 but these are now pretty tired. Only one 245 is good. I wanna buy some more tyres but dont want to pay a fortune for them and are prepared to go a smaller size maybe 235's. Anybody know of prices for these tyres or other options and where to buy them from. Now many places advertise for fatties or 14 rims nowdays

cheers chartoo
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: Buying new tyres to get for my xc?

dont think that there are a lot of choices these days for wide 14" tyres.

last time i got some i was told i had the choice of BF goodrich T/A radials or Bridgestone eagers.

i had BFs on my old XF ute, hmmmmmm,
no comparison to the Bridgestones on my XB.

if it is a decent car with a bit of performance, i would pay double for the Bridgestones over the BFs.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:28   #3 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351cid
i had BFs on my old XF ute, hmmmmmm,
no comparison to the Bridgestones on my XB.

if it is a decent car with a bit of performance, i would pay double for the Bridgestones over the BFs.

Yeh, everyone I know raves about the eagers - had a mate in the weekend kurbed his Val ute blew 1 out completely two massive tears on the wall - he bought two 14" 245's to match as a pair as you do @ $190 ea (NZ$) fitted which i thought was very reasonable!

I have 285 BFG's on 14x10 rims at the rear of my coupe and they are f-n nasty in the wet, I too was going to change to eagers but the biggest they do is the 245 apparently - so unless i go to a smaller rim (yeah right) I think i'm stuck with the BFG's, hate to think what that is gonna sting me
CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:27   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartoo
Hi got to buy some new tyres for my ute. It got 12 slots 7 " at the front and 8" at the back with 245 /50 14 and 265/50/14 but these are now pretty tired. Only one 245 is good. I wanna buy some more tyres but dont want to pay a fortune for them and are prepared to go a smaller size maybe 235's. Anybody know of prices for these tyres or other options and where to buy them from. Now many places advertise for fatties or 14 rims nowdays

cheers chartoo

245/50 on 7's !?!? I know that it is "commonplace" to have 245 and 265 on a Falcon, but I normally use 8's and 10's if putting on a wide tyre. I am actually running 7's and 8's on my work car at the moment (in 14".....) and it now has 215/65 and 235/60 Toyos. I couldn't be bothered walking outside with a torch to check the case type. The 215's retail for around $120 each, and the 235 are about $135. I find that 215 on the 7 and the 235 on the 8 sit good and they are wearing nicely. Just out of curiousity, how did the 245's wear on the 7's??

Anyway, back to your situation, I wouldn't go past 225/60 on the 7's, which is very close in sidewall height to a 265/50 if you want to run the big rears again.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 19:51   #5 (permalink)

215's or 225's front, 225's or 235's rear.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons