concept cobra? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 03:40   #1 (permalink)

confused concept cobra?

A while ago i remember reading an artical about cobra concept/prototype vehicles and about how ford toyed with a few different body types . They had a cobra xc ute, cobra f100 ,even a very nice looking cobra transit van . Now all these vehicles had all of the cobra gear straight from factory even complience plates(i think) . Even though they were one offs what happened to them were they sold, scapped i dont know .I do know that when i was visiting a fellow that has a collection of landaus in adelaide,i came across one of them under a tarp in his back room and when he pulled back the tarp I was confronted by a cobra landau. Now i though a strange way to go for a landau build up , but he showed me a few documents from the ford factory im not shure if it was melb or adel i cant recall but i do recall them refering to a concept /prototype landau . Im a landau lover so i would believe any thing to just check this vehicle out . So my question is was there a venom spitting cobra landau? and what happened to the other three from the snake pitt!!!
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 04:04   #2 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Re: concept cobra?

Never ever heard about a cobra landau. The other cars were just promo cars made up to promote the cobra. Seems strange to me that Ford would build a landau cobra, when cobras were aimed at what was left of the performance car market, and landaus were just luxo barges aimed at business execs and the sort.....(Not putting down landaus here)

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:35   #3 (permalink)

Here is a pic of the F100 and Transit but i doubt that Ford made a Cobra Landau as the Cobras were made in the XC 1978 models and the Landau was made in the XA-XB so the Landau would not have still been made in that time.
mattlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:02   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlea1
Here is a pic of the F100 and Transit but i doubt that Ford made a Cobra Landau as the Cobras were made in the XC 1978 models and the Landau was made in the XA-XB so the Landau would not have still been made in that time.
i agree landaus were long gone by 1978 .the Fer ,transit and ute would have same spec running gear because cobra was standard 302 351 that any ford got.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 13:37   #5 (permalink)

Sounds like some boofhead has painted Cobra stripes on a Landau, how tragic.
Old 04-28-2005, 14:35   #6 (permalink)

I do have the tendency to believe everything i hear ,thanks for clearing it up for me guys .i was blinded by the landau!!!!!!!!
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons