El2xr8 Eec - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2001, 23:14   #1 (permalink)
Chewie

El2xr8 Eec

Hey guys, sorry to be asking this as I know many dyno charts have been posted about this subject but here goes. I've been talking with some guys from the states and locally about chips and our EEC'S and the guys in the states say a chip is a waste of money and that the computer will learn as you drive and make changes to your vehicle negating the need for a chip change. I was very sceptical at this as everyone I talk to here in oz say that a chip/reprogramming is the way to go. Do our computers learn as we drive our cars or is our hard earned money well spent on after market chips? Any coments are most appreciated.
By the way, well done to Marcus Ambrose & Lowndsey, 1-2 for tomorrow at the creek, good to see Skaife on the grass and starting from 10th(he,he,he,hah,hah,hah!)

P.S Sorry just looked at watch it's already Sunday, been awake too long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2001, 09:39   #2 (permalink)
TERRA359

chips are only worth it if you've done mods to your car and the eec can't compensate sufficiently. $500-$1000 for 7-10 kw's if that is bulls@#t I my books. I had locky from chip torque do my chip on my el6 s/c and non s/c and he could never get it right... took him three attempts just to get it average. go for the real mods then chip it as a last resort too smoothen things up if anything. 7kw = a 4.45% increase on a stock falcon and it won't make your quarter 4.45% quicker. not worth the cash till you need it and it's gotta be modified for each new add on leave the eec to do it's job we have on of the best eec's out there. if you s.c. or turbo your car go unichip or better then it's worth it run 6 or 8 injectors and have the unichip control and extra 1 or 2 for when boost comes on...better power better fuel economy better idle...why mess with a good eec if you don't have too. besides they're just as waranty voiding as my s/c is.
Old 05-01-2001, 19:40   #3 (permalink)
slim

Guys in the states are running 9's on the quarter with stock ECU's acording to the story in Street Machine on the S.A guy with that slick EL. Kon would be the one to tell you "HOW" different the Aus ECU is to the US ones. I think our ECU's are more advanced than the ones brought out with the same engine in the US. Example the '93 Mustang ran a EEC 4. But that engine a few years later was in the EL-EF here and ran a EEC 5. The 302w was last in the Mustang in '95, but we're still using it till next year.

Old 05-01-2001, 19:52   #4 (permalink)
paul

Check out www.corral.net/eec
Some of the early one's[1990] are better for performance:They say!
Old 05-02-2001, 11:09   #5 (permalink)
Chewie

Thanks for your help guys, I actually found this guy in the Corral. He's got a 91 LX coupe with exhaust, underdriven pulleys, 3.73 diff, K&N air box and has advanced the timing with a best of 13.58 1/4 mile. Pretty wild out of a stock motor, considering this guy says it's done 185000 miles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons