Finally after 2 weeks of letting the primer harden naturally, it was time to go to the next stage. Primer was blocked back (doors, bonnet, boot and guards done so far), Second set of 4 coats of primer applied, 3 more block downs with diffrent grades of paper and stuff is ready for colour.
So far we have applied the Yellow Glow to the underside of the boot, and both insides of the doors. We hope to have the guards, and bonnet done by the end of Friday, and if all goes well maybe also the outside of the boot and doors.
The Yellow Glow is an awesome colour, in the booth with fluro lights it looked really flourescent, in the sun the colour changed and got more yellow, and in the shed out of the sun and no lights on it got even more yellow.
I also did a test fit of the dash today to make shure it all fitted with the new plenum chamber. And also did a test fit of the extractors on the motor, since I just got them ceramic coated.
These are of the bits still in the booth....
These 2 are of the bits sitting in the shed (no lights on)
This is the dash sitting in possy. I have not done anything here yet, still need to paint it and re-colour the crash pad. I have also dis-assembled the factory air con unit to clean it up inside and put new foam in it.
These pics are of the motor with the extractors fitted. Ceramic coatings are well worth it, they cut down heat and at least tripple the life of the pipes. And these H & M Phase 4 Headers are over 700 a set.