found one - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 15:17   #1 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

found one

Hey guys.

I've noticed a red coupe (a dark-red, not pepper) under a carport out rural area near where my brother is. I'm purposely being non-area specific until I decide whether I'm interseted in it or not. As far as I know, it's not for sale but it's been there for the past year - ever since my brother moved there and I noticed it. Nothing seems to be happening with it. It hasn't got a cover on it or anything. although the tires are flat, the hoodlining has sagged spastically, and it doesn't look like it has been moved in quite a while.

From a cursory glance from the road (I can only see the rear end) it has the honeycomb panel so unless someone stuck it on, I'm assuming it's a fairmont. Looks as though there may have been some rust repairs done on the sills at some stage, there's some grey areas on one side.

What I'd like to do is go and have a chat with the owner and find out what goes on, his plans and just a general chat. What's the best way to approach the owner? Some guys get real cut when you just rock up and want to look at their car... especially if you have an interest in purchasing it. Should I wait until I finish my sedan and use it as an ice-breaker. Give him something to admire too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 17:46   #2 (permalink)
XW GT

Re: found one

nah man just rock up say gday and ask him what hes planning to do with it.
then ask if he want to sell it, never know he could be wanting to throw it away. no point waiting could be gone tomorrow.
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 18:49   #3 (permalink)
xc ute

thats true just rock up and start having a chat. Around the corner from me i saw an xc ute under covers and it looked farily crappy but it had a 351 with a spare 302 and heaps of parts too. Unfinsihed project. It had too much rust and guy wanted a bit too much for it but you never know till you ask right?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:34   #4 (permalink)

Thats how I got my coupe. It was sat at a servo for a while, got in touch with the owner, the car belonged to his son who had passed away, 3 Days later the car was in my driveway. Just go and say Gday, the worst that can happen is thanks but no thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax
Just go and say Gday, the worst that can happen is thanks but no thanks.
Nah, the worst thing is when they say "I'm going to do it up myself one day" And then, a month later, they sell it to someone else for next to nothing!!! I missed out on a Superbird that way. The owner didn't even know what it was.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:55   #6 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Man, I would be filthy rich if I had a dollar for everytime that story surfaces. I have heard that so many times. I'm gonna do it up soon, either sells it on, or keeps it forever and never does it up.
Mattie......go see the guy, have a yarn with him and see what happens. Remember, he has probly been approached by lots of wankers with no money or idea, so tread carefully until he warms up to you....

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:00   #7 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Go and ask bets not knowing .
I would say that your bother lives around here and you noticed it a while ago and are you interested in selling it if he is not leave a contact number just incase he ever changes his mind or needs cash quick .
Good luck
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 14:50   #8 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

Thanks guys. When I have a spare moment and I'm out that way again I'll call in and have a yarn.
Old 08-12-2005, 00:25   #9 (permalink)

Cant hurt to ask i know of an XA GT coupe (im sure its a replica) sitting in a carport for 3 years in south west Sydney and i also found an XB coupe in a carport in country NSW this week.
Also today i was driving through Canowindra in country NSW and stopped to have a look in an old Holden dealership only to find he had 3 Monaros a HQ SS an GTR XU1 and various Valiants and old Holdens etc still in the showroom and on the workshop all covered in dust and cobwebs
mattlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 00:52   #10 (permalink)

yeah i would go and ask. Had my eye on this old pontiac near my girlfriends house and told her to keep an eye on it for me and tell me if they move it etc.... anyway she didnt do a good job and the guy ended up selling it for way less than i would have offered so i would go ask for sure.
freshinXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons