How good are XP, XC, XA & XB Coupes and Sedans! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2003, 13:09   #1 (permalink)
OLD SKOOL

How good are XP, XC, XA & XB Coupes and Sedans!

Ive been searching the net on XA, XB n XC coupes and came across some weird stuff i didnt even know before.. Never knew that their was actually people from USA importing our good old legendary falcons! The guys actually love the cars, its shape, its performance and they actually spend big bucks to get those cars! I my want a XA Coupe and been lookn in papers and car galeries for one, and even a rusted and in bad condition XA Coupe is worth $3k.. if i was to get one that had a 351, new paint job and clean interior i think it would be like $20k or even more!

Those yanks love the Falcons so much they even got few Falcon Car clubs such as this one:

http://www.falconclub.com/
or
http://www.ffcclub.com/falcons.htm

Not only theirs XA's,XB's or XC's theirs, theirs even XY GT's (original) Falcons. Now those yanks seem to love our Falcons. If they love our legendary cars, why wouldnt they love our modern cars? I think the BA is a car that should be exported.. I think to my self, in the 60's Their was so many variety of falcons which was better. Their was a 4 Door Falcon, Sprint Hardtop Falcons, Sprint Convertable Falcons & Station Wagons.. Since then, theirs no coupe or convertables.. Im a 18 yr old young adult who loves coupes and i blame Ford Aus for not making a convertable or a coupes on EB's or EF's or even AU's.. Because of that, i had to get a jap crap, a 1995 R33 Skyline GTST. I love my car, but the car doesnt have any spirit. It doesnt have any heritage.. I think Ford now has the BA which they can make a good lookn Coupe out of it. So i say to Ford Aus,Think of the Ford Fans, Think of the younger generation, Dont let them buy a Jap Crap like i did and last but not least think of the Yanks that would be able to buy these cars and a chance for yous 2 export those cars!

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! --Homer Simpson

Uh huh. Uh huh. Okay. Um, can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the...things? Uh... the things? --Homer Simpson
PERVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 00:14   #2 (permalink)
Snake Handler

Re: How good are XP, XC, XA & XB Coupes and Sedans!

Cobras are another that seem to be heading over that way to the states there is 3-4 in there already, Adn they just love to do our coupes up as Mad Max cars there are a few getting around in the states that are done this way.
I think that there maybe quite a few XC Coupes over there.
Now that the Xc range is 25yrs, i think that there would be more going over eventually there is something about there laws and a car that is 25 and over i think it has something to do with beening able to drive them over there with out converting them but don't quote me on that im just going from a haze of a memory but i may be very wrong.

Dale President
Christine Newsletter Editor

[For those clubs that think we have more then 1 president i hope this clarifys things for you.

Falcon Cobra Club OF Aus (Vic) Inc

www.falconcobraclubofaus.com

1978 XC Falcon Cobra No 287
1978 XC GXL
1977 XC Ute
2003 BA Sports Pack in Acid Rush

Going Ford Is The Going Thing
Cobra_287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:44   #3 (permalink)

well i think the yanks should f*** off and leave the coupes here where they belong. Its not like were swimming in the bloody cars. Theres precious few as it is to go around here.
XC Coupe 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 19:15   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Coupe 78
well i think the yanks should f*** off and leave the coupes here where they belong. Its not like were swimming in the bloody cars. Theres precious few as it is to go around here.
While I perfectly understand how you feel, it's not really a fair comment considering we got some of their rare cars here.

Here are a couple of examples from memory only 500 made.

they are in W.A. and I'm sure there's a few in the eastern states as well.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 19:51   #5 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

I'm more than happy for the Yanks to take some of our ratty coupes & restore them. Of course I'd rather they stayed here, but the more that are saved from the crusher the better.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:00   #6 (permalink)

Check this stuff out..
http://www.madmaxcars.com/
This is where alot of them are going. All because of a Mad Max.
Check out this article also
http://www.drive.com.au/news/article...XGNZC63TD.html
Old 04-20-2004, 23:01   #7 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Quote:
Damn straight.
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 00:10   #8 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Quote:
well the yanks could say the same about us taking their mustangs, most of the falcons that go over there are normally ones that have been sitting there rusting or at wrecking yards, the yanks normally buy them like that then restore them, at least the cars get another chance at life.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 19:01   #9 (permalink)

If they can afford to pay good money for a shitter, sight unseen let them have it
Old 07-28-2004, 19:32   #10 (permalink)
'77 XC Wagon in progress

Yes, they're all great, the Aussie Ford coupes. I'll have an XB GT, 351, Toploader, 9" and modded to my tastes, please.

As to getting all misty-eyed and saying "they all belong in Australia"... what a load of complete and utter bollocks!

I might be slightly biased (a Pom, living away from the "motherland") in my views, but IMHO if someone American wants to own an XA coupe and they have the means to do so, then let them be. As others have said, we've got loads of their Mustangs out here, so what gives? Fact is, whenever a car is exported it's usually going to a good home, as it's a fair bit of hassle to go through just for the sake of a car.

Good home is the most important aspect of the lot, I reckon.
Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons