My new XY - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 06:22   #1 (permalink)

My new XY

I just wanted to show off my new pride and joy. I just bought her this last week. She's needs a little work, but is mostly clean, straight and rust free. The main thing at the moment is to give her a good cleanup, as its been sitting for ages, and it's only had one previous owner (an old lady).

After I replace the front quarters and one of the sills, the car will pretty much be brand new, well, brand new for a 35 year old car. I was wondering if the outer sill was hard to replace and what is involved in doing it.

Also, I wanted to get GT front and rear spoilers, bonnet pin kit, and GT driving lights but some of those repro part prices are just plain ridiculous. Are there any cheapers alternatives (maybe other brands) to go with as far as maybe spoilers go, and most importantly, is there a cheaper way to get XY GT driving lights without spending $50 on the brackets and $100 dollars each on the lights? Thanks.

I know the photo is shocking but it's the only one I got for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xy.JPG (61.8 KB, 233 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 13:54   #2 (permalink)
Fatso

Re: My new XY

Well done. What it is running?

It's amazing how there are still some of those one owner old lady/man cars getting around. I was doing some work down the coast on the weekend at a golf course when to my surprise I spied an XA Falcon 500 GS Hardtop 351 4sp (White with black GS stripe in the carpark). Got talking to the greenskeepr who said it was owned by an older club member, had it since new, and was 100% original, even the paint, Aside from a couple of shopping trolly dings it looked great for for its age. Was tempted to leave a note on the windscreen. I'll post a couple of pics of it when I get a chance.

Pay for the repros or search the wreckers. Maybe someone on here has some spares. Ebay is always a possibility.

Good luck with the resto and keep us posted.
Old 01-17-2006, 17:19   #3 (permalink)

Hey congrat's...now you can change the picture on your avatar to something better,LOL!! The repro spoilers are okay,but I would'nt use repro driving light's...they are rubbish.If you want genuine XW/XY driving light's,but can't find or afford any...then just get some XA to XC driving light's.The XA to XC driving light's are alot more common,and are the same as the XW/XY type for the most part.They can be modified fairly easily to appear the same.I will put some pictures of what I am talking about later...Luke!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 20:09   #4 (permalink)

XA to XC driving lights are easier to find? Thats what I like to hear. I tell ya these old cars aren't easy to get parts for. I need to replace the side windows weatherstrips, they are a lot. For a strip of rubber. Oh well, thats what you get, I always ask why the hell I make things difficult for myself by liking old cars. Could just get myself an EA, and parts will be pretty much free. Heh
Old 01-17-2006, 21:19   #5 (permalink)

Theres a place I found on the internet called spoiler factory, they're based in WA and sell the XYGT rear spoiler for $200. Thats a good price isn't it? Are there places around melbourne that I could get something like this?
Old 01-17-2006, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
XW GT

Hey Mate Choice Buy, Keep Up The Good Work,
Hey Can You Shed Some Info About The Spoiler Factory Xygt $200 Spoilers, Site Would Be Good
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 23:56   #7 (permalink)

The net is a wonderful thing for shopping. Have a good look around, you'll be amazed at the price differences from place to place. For XY stuff, I usually compare these:

www.superoo.com.au
www.fordmuscleparts.com.au
www.fomoco.com.au
www.americanautos.com.au
www.buy-asap.com
www.grandtourer.com.au

be prepared to spend a couple of hours at Grand Tourer and GT Ford Performance (fomoco.com.au) sites, theres plenty of good info and pics to drool over!!
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:33   #8 (permalink)
Keg

Mate, nice score! I scored an XA a similar way, single owner, low miles, straight but a tiny bit of cancer. But i'm in the same boat, just love the older cars:)
Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:54   #9 (permalink)

Its a place called spoiler factory here http://www.spoilerfactory.com.au/online-brochures.html

problem is they're in WA and its a lot to get it shipped to me. Its pretty amazing what you can get though, you can turn your VY EXEC into a clubsport for about $1300. Thats aiiight. Tommorow I'm ringing up rice body kit and spoiler places see if they don't have a cheap XY spoiler.

By the way, is the authentic XY GT spoiler wrinkle finish? or straight smooth? And the the front one for that matter?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
Its a place called spoiler factory here http://www.spoilerfactory.com.au/online-brochures.html

problem is they're in WA and its a lot to get it shipped to me. Its pretty amazing what you can get though, you can turn your VY EXEC into a clubsport for about $1300. Thats aiiight. Tommorow I'm ringing up rice body kit and spoiler places see if they don't have a cheap XY spoiler.

By the way, is the authentic XY GT spoiler wrinkle finish? or straight smooth? And the the front one for that matter?
I believe the original front ones were wrinkle finish...but I may be mistaken?
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons