Need some info. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 14:33   #1 (permalink)

Need some info.

Before I introduce myself as a Falcon owner, I REALLY need some info. I was offered a 67 four door for the princley sum of a case of beer. It's an automatic with the 6, the engine is supposedley out of an earlier car, the body is in great shape with the only real problem area being the floors which will easliy survive the summer.
Now, I know jack squat about Falcons, in particular the older Ford sixes. Are they a good motor? Are we talking Slant 6 reliability here? I need to find out what the engine is from, where am I going to find the engine ID number? I don't even know if it's a 170 or 200.
What is parts availability like for these cars? Are floors available? Where the hell do I find some more info on these things? Wikipedia sucked, and I'd just like to bone up on them a bit when I get it. They were the basis for the Mustang, that's about as much as I know.
I just figured a near free, cool old Ford was a hell of a deal and I couldn't pass it up.

It's no vintage VW, but it will do!
kaferman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 19:49   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Need some info.

The old 6's were good motors. Just about any parts, including floor pans should be available. I would suggest trying to find an older chilton's on ebay. The old manuals like chilton's covered american cars and a 7 year span. All in the same manual would be Ford, Chrysler, GM,AMC,Jeep and VW and have alot of good info. If you need some specs before you find one, I can look it up for you.
BTW, some pics???
Rock Auto is supposed to be a good place for older parts online. I've never dealt with them, but have heard good things.

Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:18   #3 (permalink)
neuzo

Re: Need some info.

Hey mate,good to see another new ford man,The engine if the rocker cover is red then its a 170,if its gold i think 200,I know the red as i own one and they were all good solid engines,just lacking a bit in grunt but very reliable.Good luck with it mate and hope this helps,cheers Davo
davideuzerling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons