Ford Forums banner

nice coupe on amc sales

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  COUPEMAN 
#1 ·
#4 ·
xcgxl said:
Man, I wonder whereabouts in Sydney that one's been hiding all these years cause Ive never seen it before.
Man, what is it with these prices though, I'd love a coupe xa or xb, but its still only a fairmont. I would not pay $18,000 for this one.

#5 ·
I would. If the car is only half true to the info supplied, it's a damm good buy. How many non molested xa fairmont coupes with these options exist today? I'll bet less than 10 in that condition. If I had a spare 18 odd k, I would allready own the car if it matches the info supplied.

#11 ·
steviewonder36 said:
Man, what is it with these prices though, I'd love a coupe xa or xb, but its still only a fairmont. I would not pay $18,000 for this one.

Prices go up not down. Price is dictated by supply vs demand. Good examples of these cars are getting harder and harder to find. It's not just coupes either, any good ford muscle car classic is moving upwards in price assuming it is quality. Remember you can have a fake xr-xb gt sedan but you can't have a fake coupe. Whether you wish to admit or not, the simple fact is they are an extremely desirable car, hence the prices.

Two years ago you could buy a XC Cobra for 10 - $12,000, try and do that now. Or what about the genuine XY GT's? They doubled in price overnight. Nobody seems to be whinging about that.

Bottom line, if you like 'em, get one now. If you don't like 'em or the prices buy a sedan which are decidedly cheaper. Two years from now you'll be wishing you bought a coupe when they were cheap!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.