People are selling bog filled coupes for $10000 !!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 04:44   #1 (permalink)

mad People are selling bog filled coupes for $10000 !!!

Bloody hell im pissed! I went to look at two different coupes today, one XA which is advertised on ebay and an XB GT mockup from the trading post. And both were filled with bog and rusted to the hilt...and around the bloody $10,000 mark!

The XA is on ebay and the guy says that all the rust is cut out...but he fails to mention that the whole car is chok full of bog plus there is still major rust in bad places like all through the boot...my god! Plus the dash isnt a GT dash as advertised its got a GT speedo and thats it, plus the bonnet is stuffed although it probably is an original GT one...but a STUFFED original GT one.

And the bloody XB was also full of rust and bog, but the best bit about this one is that he is selling it with a roadworthy and its got a f'ing crack through one of the pillars as well as rust coming through the fire wall as well as everywhere else...holy shit!

I mean i want to spend about that much and maybe even a little more, but not for polished turds!

Just needed a rant
Young Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2005, 05:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: People are selling bog filled coupes for $10000 !!!

...buyer beware
Old 11-12-2005, 17:25   #3 (permalink)

For every one who walks away there is always someone who just has to have a coupe no matter what.I looked at an XC a few months ago advertised for 14K.It was full of bog and needed a repaint,but had a very strong driveline.I offered the seller 4K and he accepted on the condition that a bloke who was on his way to look at the car didn't want it.The second bloke turned up with his wife and kids and offered the seller 13 grand!
As long as there are people like that walking the earth these cars will always find a home.
Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 18:02   #4 (permalink)
1975 P5 LTD

you guys are not going to like this but my mate just picked up this xb gt coupe (orig JG66) for 8k!! The car is in pieces after a restoration that can not be completed by the owner. Everything is there just needs to be put together. It has been sitting for 10 years since paint etc. Lucky man!
chopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 20:44   #5 (permalink)

It's always better to buy rust buckets, at least you can see what you're buying.

JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 20:48   #6 (permalink)

Yes it's amazing what good results can come from using Fibreglass/Fillers on rusted out pieces of junk by some people.Most cases though,even if you can't notice where bodgie repairs have been done at first...usually not far down the track they start to reveal themselves.This is unfortunate if you have already purchased the vehicle,and it's to late.There are so many shark's out there who have absoloutely no conscience at all,and will tell you anything to make a sale.Where someone say's the rust has cut out of a car...it can often be truth that it has just been bogged or fibreglassed.If there is a certain model of older car you want...it pay's to talk to alot of people who know alot about them,and find out where they normally rust.Then make sure you look long and hard at those areas of any potential purchase.Also watch out out for Mig,or other kind's of Weld's...where there should be Spot Weld's.Usually checking along the bottom of the Sill's is a good start,to see if they have ever been replaced.Also...it pay's to study Radiator Support Panels to look for previous smash repairs,and look closely at all panel gaps as a car with bad panel alignment has often been in acccidents.There is many other places of a body and panels to check...and you have to be thorough.If I am looking for a project,always preffer to buy a car that has the original paint...even if the paint is very run down,as at least you can see what is going on with it alot more.Even if all of the un-boltable panels are no good,but the bodyshell is in great shape...to me that is a good purchase because panels can be changed easily,and is alot more prefferable to changing quarter panels etc if avoidable.Buying a car that has been resprayed is often harder to tell what you are really getting.Finding sandpaper swirlmark's that are under the paint in some areas are often a sign of previous repairs.Anyway...I hope my opinions have been helpfull?and all the best...Lukeh!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopy
you guys are not going to like this but my mate just picked up this xb gt coupe (orig JG66) for 8k!! The car is in pieces after a restoration that can not be completed by the owner. Everything is there just needs to be put together. It has been sitting for 10 years since paint etc. Lucky man!
That is very very lucky!!!

I've just found an XA fairmont coupe with a clevo 351 rebuilt and only done 14000km, great condition top loader, among other things...and with a tiny bit of rust in the front corners of the bonnet plus a little over the back passenger side wheel arch, both spots of which the seller admitted anyway but i could see them well in the photos he sent anyway...and other than that its in great condition. And he says there was rust but it all got cleaned up properly and he has photos of all the body works that were done plus all receipts. So long as he's not lying, its everything i want in a coupe so im prepared to pay a little more than id like if its all good, which i think it might be.

But yeah im going up with someone who knows these cars inside out, which is how i discovered all the bog in the other coupes. So we'll see...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:00   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P
...The second bloke turned up with his wife and kids and offered the seller 13 grand!..
Poor mongrel, out after his dream, sounds like the type that can least afford to waste his cash...

I hope he has the resources and cash to bring it back. I hope his coupe gives him years of joy, once he cuts out all the bog while teaching his kids to appreciate the finer things...
Gunner_Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:57   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner_Boone
Poor mongrel, out after his dream, sounds like the type that can least afford to waste his cash...

I hope he has the resources and cash to bring it back. I hope his coupe gives him years of joy, once he cuts out all the bog while teaching his kids to appreciate the finer things...
and i hope the guy who sold it to him gets the karma he deserves!
Old 11-15-2005, 17:05   #10 (permalink)
Go the GT's

When you look it over, make shure you run the hose down the plenum chamber to see if it leaks on to the floor inside. If the owner wont let you, walk away, if it leaks, expect to spend big $$$ to fix it properly, and negotiate accordingly. Check my site for info on the plenum....It's all there, and all falcon owners here can attest to this troublesome piece of body....

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons