Progress on the Xa gt coupe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 00:46   #1 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Progress on the Xa gt coupe

Today the windows were finaly fitted after 4 days of instant windscreens dicking around with it needless to say they look great . I was getting the car sent out to have the complete interior redone and fitted tomorrow BUT thats right BUT instant windscreens have seemed to have put a crack in the drivers side doors paint and when rang about it they said its not their problem .So after I had seen it after work blew a fuse drove down there to speck to the manager I was meat with a little red head with a big attitude after explaining to him he will be paying up no matter how it is he dicided to just blow me of with a cheap laugh and I call the cops threat .Anyhow the guy that did the work on the car came out at that time said he was sorry and that he would sort it out as he knows people that will fix it for him .
As I pointed out shit happens but I will be damned if I will be screwed over again and again .
So here it is Perth automotive industry plain and simply suck and now there is another company that will go on my list for who not to deal with .
The worst thing is if you go though my threads that I have started there is way to many along this same line .When are people going to take responsablity for their actions .
Sorry for the whinge but I now do feel a little better .
Thanks for the ears
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 01:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: Progress on the Xa gt coupe

it's the old "all care taken but no responsibility" thing, which really means if you own a classic we will treat it like a rusting VB Commodore.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:34   #3 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc
it's the old "all care taken but no responsibility" thing, which really means if you own a classic we will treat it like a rusting VB Commodore.
Mate

When I first moved to WA I could not beleive the & red neck attitude I received when dealing in the Auto Industry.

Prior to moving to WA
I had an automotive service centre & Bodyworks with a performance shop.

When I hear how much people have been charged & see the results , I am constantly amazed people accept & pay for this lack or quality or service.

I'm so glad I had finished my car prior to the WA move & feel for anyone trying to acheive a high quality car such as you are trying to create.

Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc
Pretty much but they state that they are not responsible for the glass not the car .
Like I have said shit happens but I will be stuffed if I will be lied to my wife was bullied into payment as she said she wasn't going to pay until I had seen the damage and last but not least I will not be blowen off and laughed at ,I will go to jail before I swollow my pride once again and just let another company walk of with my money and leave me a bill to fix their damage .
If these people had real coniquence like being punched in the head everytime they try to screw someone they would start to take a bit more care .

After 3 years of blood sweat tears and a poor family that have been coming second best I was around 4-6 weeks away from being finished now it will be another 2 weeks before the door is sorted then the interior will have to wait about 4 weeks after that just to get the car back into the interior guy as I had the next booking before he was fully booked for the next 6 weeks .
Old 01-09-2006, 01:48   #5 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO
Mate

When I first moved to WA I could not beleive the & red neck attitude I received when dealing in the Auto Industry.

Prior to moving to WA
I had an automotive service centre & Bodyworks with a performance shop.

When I hear how much people have been charged & see the results , I am constantly amazed people accept & pay for this lack or quality or service.

I'm so glad I had finished my car prior to the WA move & feel for anyone trying to acheive a high quality car such as you are trying to create.

Brett
Not all but most are a JOKE and I have worked in the parts industry for 10 years and I will say first hand and to their face they are a JOKE.
I am seriusly concidering pulling out of the car hobby thing as I just can not justify it anymore .
If I could get my money back on my coupe right now I would sell .
I would be ashamed to take money for what these people do .I have even thought about throwing in the job just so I can get the time to deal with the car myself .Money lost on the job compared to money lost on damage bills
Old 01-09-2006, 02:05   #6 (permalink)

[/QUOTE]I will go to jail before I swollow my pride once again and just let another company walk of with my money and leave me a bill to fix their damage .
[QUOTE]

I'd re-think that one very carefully.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:11   #7 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

I will go to jail before I swollow my pride once again and just let another company walk of with my money and leave me a bill to fix their damage .
Quote:

I'd re-think that one very carefully.
I know exactly how you feel.

These companies must have public liability insurance.

If you need any advice on the ligality , let me Know

Brett
Old 01-09-2006, 02:39   #8 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO
I will go to jail before I swollow my pride once again and just let another company walk of with my money and leave me a bill to fix their damage .

I know exactly how you feel.

These companies must have public liability insurance.

If you need any advice on the ligality , let me Know

Brett
Thanks for the offer but I hope it dosn't go that far.
I now I sound a bit harsh with my comments but this is just the straw that broke the back .The main reason I was so pissed was because of the managers attitude and not the damage .The guy that did the damage delt with the problem correctly when face to face no excuses just a sorry and I will sort it out and have someone look at the car tomorrow to fix .

4vxc
I can hear what you are saying and I know you are right but unfortunatly for me there is a time when enough is enough and you must take care of bussiness by any means Nessary but only if nessary I hope it all works out and I think it will concidering the actions of the guy that damaged the car if it wasn't for the managers attidude it would be nothing more than another wasted 2 months .But because of him it could have been alot worse .

To put this into propective the car has taken 3 years and around 90-100 grand .
I am a storeman with a wife and two kids I sold my my bronco to buy this car and then sold my XC to help start the build 3 years prior to buying this car we did nothing but save for this cars build and also have saved hard during the 3 years of building to acheive my dream of owning a no compromise street car .
Ten years ago this year I watched in amasement big als poker run and dreamed of one day making the run, last year the car was just not going to be ready this year it was but not now I don't have alot of time anymore and what time I do find is spent fixxing things that I paid good dollar to have done .
$500.00 just to have the door windows and quarters put in .Yesterday I was 4-6 weeks away from driving my car now its between 12-14 weeks away
Old 01-09-2006, 02:51   #9 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
Thanks for the offer but I hope it dosn't go that far.
I now I sound a bit harsh with my comments but this is just the straw that broke the back .The main reason I was so pissed was because of the managers attitude and not the damage .The guy that did the damage delt with the problem correctly when face to face no excuses just a sorry and I will sort it out and have someone look at the car tomorrow to fix .

4vxc
I can hear what you are saying and I know you are right but unfortunatly for me there is a time when enough is enough and you must take care of bussiness by any means Nessary but only if nessary I hope it all works out and I think it will concidering the actions of the guy that damaged the car if it wasn't for the managers attidude it would be nothing more than another wasted 2 months .But because of him it could have been alot worse .

To put this into propective the car has taken 3 years and around 90-100 grand .
I am a storeman with a wife and two kids I sold my my bronco to buy this car and then sold my XC to help start the build 3 years prior to buying this car we did nothing but save for this cars build and also have saved hard during the 3 years of building to acheive my dream of owning a no compromise street car .
Ten years ago this year I watched in amasement big als poker run and dreamed of one day making the run, last year the car was just not going to be ready this year it was but not now I don't have alot of time anymore and what time I do find is spent fixxing things that I paid good dollar to have done .
$500.00 just to have the door windows and quarters put in .Yesterday I was 4-6 weeks away from driving my car now its between 12-14 weeks away
Mate if your car is not finished for Big als, I'll enter my car & you can come with me.

I undersatnd it 's not the same & really hope you can have your car there.

Brett
Old 01-09-2006, 03:15   #10 (permalink)

tony xa, I can truly imagine how you feel. Hows this........... in 1986-7 I nervously took my XW GTHO in for a wheel alignment but as I had taken other old fords there before and had mates with GT's that trusted them I thought things would be ok. I didnt stay at the workshop but went up the road for a while and then went back and picked it up with no problems. Then about a week later I popped the bonnet and hey presto...... no compliance plate! Needless to say they denied any wrong doing but a genuine HO without compliance plates isn't such a good thing. Lifes a bitch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons