Question about GTHO affordability. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2003, 07:58   #1 (permalink)

Question about GTHO affordability.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone got any figures as to how expensive the GTHO of yesteryear was in terms of the average annual salary of the time? A rough and totally unfactually based guess would be about 1.5 times the average salary of the average aussie worker of the time but does anyone know any accurate figures?

I ask this question cos I think it might be a guide as to how expensive the Modern GTHO could be, and therefore how much expense could be justified in its development, and therefore what bits could be included, eg the aluminium doors , 6 pot brakes etc that were mentioned in another thread (which I think are unlikely btw)
ricecooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2003, 15:40   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I would expect that it's going to cost as much as the GTS commode if not more. More because I hope it goes faster and is better engineered!!
It's not going to be cheap but that will have an added bonus of keeping it out of the hands of young and inexperienced drivers (not always both but that that's the way the media sees it ) and that'll hopefully mean less potential of a supercar scare
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons