Re: Question for Paull
The plan is as follows:
1) Ignore the Cobra for quite some time.
2) Get the LTD to same condition as the Cobra. That is, all panel and paint done. Both the Cobra and the LTD's interior is currently at the trimmers being done, should take about 6 months.
3) When ready, rebuild, install two lots of 9 inch/rear suspension.
4) Fit all new steering/suspension/brakes to both front ends
5) Re-run all electrical looms
6) Take car to trimmers and have underlay, carpet, seats, door trims and roof trim put in.
7) Take Cobra home and LTD down to Welshpool and get the NOS vinyl roof put on
8) Re-build two lots of engines/FMX's and steering boxes and then put them in
Turn the key
Then, the Cobra will need to go bakc to Jakes for final touch up, rubbing back (don't forget that enamel paint has been used), and then all pin stripes and decals will be added.
Have attached a pic of the LTD all stripped. Spent two lovely days cleaning the underneath of 30 years worth of grime and crap, what a job.