Random Coupes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 22:39   #1 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

Random Coupes

Came across this pic of a couple of XA Coupes - the bonnet scoops look to be factory or maybe dealer fitted? Does anyone know if these were some sort of option? I havnt been able to find anything on them anywhere - also those stripes, are they dealer items also??

Cheers, Cheyne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2xXA.jpg (97.0 KB, 256 views)
CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 22:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: Random Coupes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09
Came across this pic of a couple of XA Coupes - the bonnet spoilers look to be factory or maybe dealer fitted? Does anyone know if these were some sort of option? I havnt been able to find anything on them anywhere - also those stripes, are they dealer items also??

Cheers, Cheyne
Looks like a couple of McLeod Ford 'Horn Cars' originating from Rockdale, NSW. They were kitted out with dealer options including some very funky interior trim as well as those oh so 70's striping decals.

You often see their garrish ads up on Ebay for half decent money, probably the most famous being the one with a group of Lions straddled across some heavily optioned coupes.
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 23:06   #3 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road runner
Looks like a couple of McLeod Ford 'Horn Cars' originating from Rockdale, NSW. They were kitted out with dealer options including some very funky interior trim as well as those oh so 70's striping decals.

You often see their garrish ads up on Ebay for half decent money, probably the most famous being the one with a group of Lions straddled across some heavily optioned coupes.

No shit - didnt think they went that extreme with them - lions on a ford??

What did they do with the interiors?

I reckon the ones in the pic look pretty mean, even the decals look good on them - what would the chances of coming across one of those bonnet scoops be??
Old 01-25-2006, 23:45   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
No shit - didnt think they went that extreme with them - lions on a ford??

What did they do with the interiors?

I reckon the ones in the pic look pretty mean, even the decals look good on them - what would the chances of coming across one of those bonnet scoops be??
Think the Lion thing was a 'king of the jungle' type of deal.

The interiors had a choice of funky colours and patterns from fluro orange, lime greens and flower power patterns, outta sight maaan!

Haven't a clue about the scoop, probably a period item hard to get now, but there maybe something similar out there. McLeod even customised the John Goss specials with tartan style seat inserts and a drooping rear spoiler.
Old 01-25-2006, 23:52   #5 (permalink)

McLeod interiors

Check out the grannies bathroom wallpaper on the seat over on the far right. Probably would've went nice with your checkered flares and your houndstooth smoking jacket!
Old 01-26-2006, 00:51   #6 (permalink)

look like Mustang scoops. Those lions actually caved in the roof of a new GT coupe during the photoshoot
Old 01-26-2006, 00:57   #7 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Yeah those scoops look like the mustang ones .
If you are looking at bonnet scoops for the xa bonnet good luck I looked at them for so long and none would do justice to the xa bonnet lines .
I solved my problem by having a custom bonnet made up in carbon fibre with a ba gt bulge for a extra 2 inch clearance .
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:23   #8 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road runner

Check out the grannies bathroom wallpaper on the seat over on the far right. Probably would've went nice with your checkered flares and your houndstooth smoking jacket!

LOL - thats awesome, I think I vaguely remember seeing that tartan Goss in a magazine somewhere, quite a while ago now though.

I had a look at some more pics and I had never noticed those stripes on the Goss/Bartlett race car before!

What ever happened to Mcleod and his business - did it die out with the dramas in the 70's?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:30   #9 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
Yeah those scoops look like the mustang ones .
If you are looking at bonnet scoops for the xa bonnet good luck I looked at them for so long and none would do justice to the xa bonnet lines .
I solved my problem by having a custom bonnet made up in carbon fibre with a ba gt bulge for a extra 2 inch clearance .
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
look like Mustang scoops.

I think they are a viable option over the hornet type scoops, its hard to say without seeing it in the flesh.

How did you sort your bonnet Tony - did you keep the centre profile of the bonnet and graft the bulge over top of it? You gotta have some pics of that!?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:21   #10 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
I think they are a viable option over the hornet type scoops, its hard to say without seeing it in the flesh.

How did you sort your bonnet Tony - did you keep the centre profile of the bonnet and graft the bulge over top of it? You gotta have some pics of that!?
The mustang scoops are much better looking than the hornet scoops.
I don't have any pics yet as the bonnet is having a mould taken of it for future plains .
I have tried to explain the bonnet and I just can't write it down to make sense so as soon as its done I will post pics and details for you .
I havn't used the ba bulge just made the xa gt bonnet look like it was brought out with a simalar bonnet .
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons