Running the handbrake cable to the 9in diff - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 02:31   #1 (permalink)
xc ute

Running the handbrake cable to the 9in diff

Hey everyone

I just got the calipers redone and the brake lines done on my 9in diff on my xc ute and i now have to connect up the handbrake cable. However it wasnt there before so i dont know whether the cable runs on top of the rear springs or runs under the springs to the calipers. The cars been lowered about an inch and a half if that makes any difference.

Cheers chartoo
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 04:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Running the handbrake cable to the 9in diff

I have a ZH Fairlane wreck in my backyard that has a factory fitted 351 Cleveland,FMX Transmission,and 9" LSD disc brake rear end with the rear mounted callipers.I went and checked how it is on that,and the cables run above the leaf spring's.So it seems to be how they should go unless a previous owner changed how the cables run if they ever had the cables or callipers out or whatever...but it looks about right that way to me!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: Running the handbrake cable to the 9in diff

Yes that is correct,cable runs above springs.Also make sure the lever at the front has 2 holes for disc or drum.This is stamped on arm,believe changes the leverage slightly.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons