SBR Specials - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 21:54   #1 (permalink)
Fatso

SBR Specials

Anyone seen the DevilR or Enforcer specials:

http://www.ford.com.au/falcon/devilenforcer/index.html

I wonder if it will lift interest in earlier race specials (i.e. JGS or Moffat) like the BA GT probably did for its earlier namesakes.
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 22:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: SBR Specials

Yeah seen the specials they are xr8 's
Comes in the two colours one was a green i cannot remember the other colour
reminds me of the john goss specials
I think your right they might spark some interest in the older cars and a few people might buy the new models hoping for the chance to collect big in another 30 years
ford5061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 22:15   #3 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

I like them because it shows that Ford is again realising that people are passionate about Falcons. Models like this give the public more than a mass produced reasonable quality car from a faceless corporation.
Old 04-12-2005, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeCruiser09
Anyone seen the DevilR or Enforcer specials:

http://www.ford.com.au/falcon/devilenforcer/index.html

I wonder if it will lift interest in earlier race specials (i.e. JGS or Moffat) like the BA GT probably did for its earlier namesakes.
Race specials or driver specials?

The difference is the XR8 is a performance car where is the JGS and Moffat cars were just cosmetic, but who knows, i wouldn't want to hang onto one for 30 years to find out!.
Old 04-12-2005, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Race specials or driver specials?

The difference is the XR8 is a performance car where is the JGS and Moffat cars were just cosmetic, but who knows, i wouldn't want to hang onto one for 30 years to find out!.
Well apart from the "Premium Brakes" these are just cosmetic enhancements as well. XR8s are nice, but in my mind FPV make the performance cars for Ford now.
Old 04-12-2005, 23:21   #6 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fire
Well apart from the "Premium Brakes" these are just cosmetic enhancements as well. XR8s are nice, but in my mind FPV make the performance cars for Ford now.
Are you serious?? the BAXR8 MKII (and MKI) is a serious performance car, in Modern motor this month it ran a 13.9 over the 1/4, thats identical to the series 1 BAGT. (The BAGT series II ran a 13.8).

On the BAXR8 you get the 260KW version of the Boss motor (Fitted to XR8 and GT only), BAGT Series I suspension, sports interior, 18" wheels and tyres..
Its hardly a cosmetic car!!!
The JGS/Moffat cars were cosmetic changes to a garden variety GS Falcon 500!!! (i dont mean to offend the JGS guys).
At least the Ambrose / Ingal cars are based on a performance vehicle!!
Old 04-12-2005, 23:31   #7 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
Are you serious?? the BAXR8 MKII (and MKI) is a serious performance car, in Modern motor this month it ran a 13.9 over the 1/4, thats identical to the series 1 BAGT. (The BAGT series II ran a 13.8).

On the BAXR8 you get the 260KW version of the Boss motor (Fitted to XR8 and GT only), BAGT Series I suspension, sports interior, 18" wheels and tyres..
Its hardly a cosmetic car!!!
The JGS/Moffat cars were cosmetic changes to a garden variety GS Falcon 500!!! (i dont mean to offend the JGS guys).
At least the Ambrose / Ingal cars are based on a performance vehicle!!
I was talking about the Ambrose/Ingall cars being cosmetic enhancements over an XR8.

XR8s are nice cars as I said. What I was getting at is that Ambrose/Ingall specials are not FPVs. They're not being built to win performance awards, they are being built to attract fans of Ambrose/Ingall by offering cosmetic enhancements rather than performance enhancements.

As I said above I quite like them & would be happy to park one in my shed
Old 04-12-2005, 23:45   #8 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
I was talking about the Ambrose/Ingall cars being cosmetic enhancements over an XR8.

XR8s are nice cars as I said. What I was getting at is that Ambrose/Ingall specials are not FPVs. They're not being built to win performance awards, they are being built to attract fans of Ambrose/Ingall by offering cosmetic enhancements rather than performance enhancements.

As I said above I quite like them & would be happy to park one in my shed
OK,

This is where people get a bit confused, the XR8 is "Ford Australia's" top performance car, the BAGT is the top performance car for "FPV"... they are different companies so we need to make sure we don't confuse the 2.
Its the same setup as Holden with the SS and HSV with the Clubsport.
FPV is a customer of Ford Australia to some degree.
Ford Australia compete with FPV for performance car sales to some small degree too i guess. (Not as bad as holden fight with HSV!!!)

I can assure you Ford Australia build its XR range to win performance car awards!

Ford Australia (not FPV) employe the top V8 Supercar drivers and as such use them to advertise their products, eg: last month Ambrose and Lowndes were advertising the SR Falcon( a modern day GS), this month its the XR8.

Sure the BAGT is seen by everyone as the King of "Ford" and thats its rightful place but if you look at the advertising campaigns how often do you see Ford Australia advertise the BAGT???.. NEVER, the FPV ads are put together and paid for by FPV's marketing dept/budget.
Ford Australia advertise the lower Falcons only.. XT, SR, XR6, XR8 etc.
Yes the Ambrose/Ingal cars are a cosmetic upgrade of the XR8, but its already a performance car to start with!
Old 04-12-2005, 23:56   #9 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
OK,

This is where people get a bit confused, the XR8 is "Ford Australia's" top performance car, the BAGT is the top performance car for "FPV"... they are different companies so we need to make sure we don't confuse the 2.
Its the same setup as Holden with the SS and HSV with the Clubsport.
FPV is a customer of Ford Australia to some degree.
Ford Australia compete with FPV for performance car sales to some small degree too i guess. (Not as bad as holden fight with HSV!!!)
Ford Australia (not FPV) employe the top V8 Supercar drivers and as such use them to advertise their products, eg: last month Ambrose and Lowndes were advertising the SR Falcon( a modern day GS), this month its the XR8.

Sure the BAGT is seen by everyone as the King of "Ford" and thats its rightful place but if you look at the advertising campaigns how often do you see Ford Australia advertise the BAGT???.. NEVER, the FPV ads are put together and paid for by FPV's marketing dept/budget.
Ford Australia advertise the lower Falcons only.. XT, SR, XR6, XR8 etc.
Yes the Ambrose/Ingal cars are a cosmetic upgrade of the XR8, but its already a performance car to start with!
I'm getting off topic so I'll make this short. To me (which is why I said "in my mind" in the earlier post) the Ford/FPV thing has never sat well. I don't want the GT to be made by anyone else but Ford so I do tend to combine the companies when I think of "performance Fords".

I see your point about the XR8 being the top of the line "Ford" car, I just wish it was the GT.
Old 04-13-2005, 00:18   #10 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
I'm getting off topic so I'll make this short. To me (which is why I said "in my mind" in the earlier post) the Ford/FPV thing has never sat well. I don't want the GT to be made by anyone else but Ford so I do tend to combine the companies when I think of "performance Fords".

I see your point about the XR8 being the top of the line "Ford" car, I just wish it was the GT.
You make a VERY good point, im not sure the Ford Australia / FPV "arms length" arrangement give Ford GT Fans total satisfaction!!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons