Single Rail confusion. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-17-17, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Single Rail confusion.

G'day all. About a month ago, i started looking for parts for my XB Falcon and stumbled across a guy who was offloading some gear as he clearing space. Among the items i scored was a 351 Clevo from a 77 Fairlane and the guy threw in a leftover BW Single Rail with a bellhousing and 11 inch flywheel for the engine for free (he had planned on converting his Fairlane to manual during his resto but found so much rust he abandoned it early on and bought another car with a manual already swapped into it).

My issue is the serial number is 0503-066923 on the output cone and 065124Q TF4 on the case, and i can't find any info on if it is rated to be used on the engine. I know there are some S/R boxes that aren't rated to be used on the 5.8, so i'd prefer to find out if it is a dud box before i put it on the car.

Any advice and info on the Single Rail models would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Classic Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons

« XA 2V head | - »