Swap meets - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 18:02   #1 (permalink)

Swap meets

I went to the swap meet at Sandown on Sunday and found one bloke with XW-XB Ford stuff.Everyone else had Holden parts,cheap tools or just plain crap that belonged at the tip.It was the same last year.
I was told that this was one of the big ones of the year.What are some other meets that are actually worth going to?
I've also worked out what SWAP stands for.
Some Wanker's Absurd Price.
Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 22:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: Swap meets

Wagga swapmeet
june this year not sure on the date but !!!!!!
Australia,s 1st V8 muscle car
BA PURSUIT Citric Acid ,leather,manual,premium,stripes
99 Harley Davidson Springer softail custom :badass
4 sale
Genuine 5 slots painted centers NEW chrome rims 14x6 &14x7 new potenza tyres & genuine caps
$3000.00
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 23:49   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P
I went to the swap meet at Sandown on Sunday and found one bloke with XW-XB Ford stuff.Everyone else had Holden parts,cheap tools or just plain crap that belonged at the tip.It was the same last year.
I was told that this was one of the big ones of the year.What are some other meets that are actually worth going to?
Hey Anthony, Ballarat is big but much later in the year. Sheparton is smaller but I've found some good stuff there in the past. Well worth the hike if you make a day of it.
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:14   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly !!! Also...What was with no Indoor Sites???
bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 14:42   #5 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

Quote:
Toowoomba Swapmeet: First weekend of Feb (I think)

Probably a bit far out of your way, but some really great stuff up there. Pretty much anything you want if you have the cash. Saw some really great stuff there last time. I'm takin' a wad with me this year!
Old 01-20-2005, 15:08   #6 (permalink)

What does EBAY stand for?
The death of swapmeets?

remember: swap meets are for all the leftover crap that people dont want. Occaisionally you might get someting that someone bought and couldnt use.
The only ones who want rediculous money at swap meets are the professional dealers. Like the guy who carts all the manifolds around and asks $350 for a second hand Edelbrock Performer he got in the US for ten bucks.

I have a mate who has been taking the same bloody Turbo muffler (his wife reckoned it was too loud) to our club swap meets for the last 6 years. He wants less then $20 for it. I want to grab it off him one day, I know I could sel lit on E Bay in a week, no problems. He has never used a computer, doesnt even know how to turn one on, and he's an architect, lol.
Old 01-20-2005, 16:44   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
What does EBAY stand for?
The death of swapmeets?
I hope not, as much as I like prowling around on Ebay, I much prefer squelching around in the mud and seeing the parts I'm buying face to face, and at much, much cheaper prices. There's always a bit more satisfaction actually trekking out and finding those hidden parts that will possibly finish off your project, than just clicking a mouse and praying you dont get ripped off.
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road runner
I hope not, as much as I like prowling around on Ebay, I much prefer squelching around in the mud and seeing the parts I'm buying face to face, and at much, much cheaper prices. There's always a bit more satisfaction actually trekking out and finding those hidden parts that will possibly finish off your project, than just clicking a mouse and praying you dont get ripped off.
I think that Ebay has done alot of damage to Swap Meets as I have been a Vendor myself alot at Swap Meets and you get sick of dragging your stuff out to the Swap Meet and if you have a bad day it can end up costing you more Money than you make and then you have to drag it all back Home. Plus , I'm not a Pirate and have price items fairly but it seems everyone wants everything fro nothing at Swap Meets. Also , on Ebay you have a far greater number of viewers on your items and you can end up getting more Money than you wanted or hoped for with much more convenience.I still like a good Swap Meet to go for a look , But as far as selling...It's Ebay for me!!!
bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 22:21   #9 (permalink)

Problem with eBay is that the items are up for sale for up to ten days. Because of this everybody ends up spending more then they intended because they have ten days to watch the item and think "well, its just (x amount) dollars more, i can afford it", and they start to rationalise that they can afford to keep bidding on it despite the fact that the price blew out of the water days ago...And then there are people who bid as soon as the auction starts, rather then just before it ends. Where is the sense in that? All they are doing is needlessly raising the price for themselves and everyone else.
XC Coupe 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:48   #10 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMattie
Toowoomba Swapmeet: First weekend of Feb (I think)

Probably a bit far out of your way, but some really great stuff up there. Pretty much anything you want if you have the cash. Saw some really great stuff there last time. I'm takin' a wad with me this year!
damn. i'm going this weekend. oh well
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons