V8 time - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2005, 00:29   #1 (permalink)

biggrin V8 time

Hurray! It is now time for me to drop the 2v 250 outta my Xa coupe and stick a V8 in now I dont have to pay for petrol! Even though it's getting the 351 treatment, im sticking to its GS roots n not making a GT replica. There's something about copper bronze i just love now that I hated when i first brought the car. Dont get me wrong, a 250 2V with a LUMPY cam and a 600 holley is a nice setup, a raw clevo is so much better. I'll keep updates along the next few weeks with the rebuild of the clevo, the C10 and the conversion of the coupe. Expect many pictures.
master_jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2005, 14:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: V8 time

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_jawa
Hurray! It is now time for me to drop the 2v 250 outta my Xa coupe and stick a V8 in now I dont have to pay for petrol! Even though it's getting the 351 treatment, im sticking to its GS roots n not making a GT replica. There's something about copper bronze i just love now that I hated when i first brought the car. Dont get me wrong, a 250 2V with a LUMPY cam and a 600 holley is a nice setup, a raw clevo is so much better. I'll keep updates along the next few weeks with the rebuild of the clevo, the C10 and the conversion of the coupe. Expect many pictures.
I know this goes against the grain with many on these forums, but I personally think that the tough stance and great looks of the coupe need the growl of 8 pots. I too would be going the 351.

Looking forward to the pics.
xbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 15:08   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I would drop the 8 in to if it was mine
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 18:34   #4 (permalink)
Go the GT's

It wouldnt even be a second thought, the six would go an in its place would be an 8.
If i was buyin a coupe right now, a spare v8 would either be ready to go into it, or a rebuilt one would be organised before I even took delivery of it.
The only way a six would stay was if it was a nizpro xr6 turbo motor an 6 speed with 1100 plus ponies.....

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:48   #5 (permalink)
XA Falcon Fiend!

Yep, I've ripped the 6 cylinder out that my coupe came with (it's now in China as scrap iron!), about to start the install of a 351 from my ZF, along with a Supra 5 speed, and lots of other goodies too. Will start a thread with pics when i fully get underway, still sourcing and combining parts as we speak.
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 16:50   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Yep, I've ripped the 6 cylinder out that my coupe came with (it's now in China as scrap iron!), about to start the install of a 351 from my ZF, along with a Supra 5 speed, and lots of other goodies too. Will start a thread with pics when i fully get underway, still sourcing and combining parts as we speak.
You should have found space in your garage for the six pot, assuming it was the original motor.

I suspect the Supra box may soon also be off to China as scrap metal.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 17:04   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
You should have found space in your garage for the six pot, assuming it was the original motor.

I suspect the Supra may soon also be off to China as scrap metal.

I was thinking that also, in 10 years time he'll be saying I should have keep that matching engine no block.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:40   #8 (permalink)
XA Falcon Fiend!

Nope, it was an XF motor, along with the gearbox and diff in the car (not that silly - read the signature) - it came with the car after a guy swapped the non original V8 driveline out into his XF ute, and replaced it with the crap. Agreed the car was originally a six cylinder, but that has long gone. As for the gearbox, this is the heavy duty style 5 speed with needle rollers and steel sandwich plate(an R154 not a W58), so it will hold up better than the cheaper option most guys take, and at the end of the day, it about how you treat it as to it's lifespan - so I'll find out one way or the other - having said that, I've never blown a motor, box or diff.
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons