Well the cops cleared my XA coupe...so now ive just gotta register the sucker! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 17:21   #1 (permalink)

Well the cops cleared my XA coupe...so now ive just gotta register the sucker!

Finally the cops took a look at my coupe to verify the engine wasnt stolen so that vicroads would register it for me...and they cleared it which is a relief...not that i thought they wouldnt but its still a relief.

Now ive just got to save up the money to register the bloody thing...and i dont have much money at the moment
Young Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 18:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: Well the cops cleared my XA coupe...so now ive just gotta register the sucker!

We don't have anywhere near those kinds of headaches here in the US. I can understand things being stricter than they are here but how anal do they have to get?
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 19:33   #3 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: Well the cops cleared my XA coupe...so now ive just gotta register the sucker!

i bet that settled your nerves a bit.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:37   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
We don't have anywhere near those kinds of headaches here in the US. I can understand things being stricter than they are here but how anal do they have to get?
I know the headaches that can be caused by road traffic authorities, VICROADS has stuffed me around plenty believe me. Most of the time they don't know what they're doing and it's just plain frustrating. You may think it's being anal, but it's reasonable when you think about it. Any car that hasn't been registered for a while, and is going on the road for the first time should be checked if it's legit. Basically if no other reason than to check whether it's carrying anything illegal or stolen.

Little hint: Drop your 800hp motor in after the inspection, they don't need to know, heh heh.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:18   #5 (permalink)

If you want to avoid Dickroads anality, avoid Burwood.
THEY ARE DUMB!!!

Saw issues with my landlords 1928 A Model pickup in december.. The engine carried a VP number. Despite him having the paperwork, the boong wouldn't register it....not on our system, has never been registered in victoria! Go Figure. Took it to Warragul and it romped through.

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:38   #6 (permalink)

Hahahaha "dickroads" thats friggin gold!

Yeah im avoiding burwood from now on for sure, they are a pack of knobs!
Young Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 14:31   #7 (permalink)

Isn't it a small world.
KennyP5coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 15:46   #8 (permalink)

Now would you like to no why your mates car didn't pass?? I will tell you why. Attitude my friend attitude plane and simple.

That is one of the saddest indictments on "VICroads" that you possibly muster.

Too much power in the hands of the wrong people ................

Just my 2 cents worth
xbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 17:07   #9 (permalink)
GHOST WHO WALKS

I still think if you are going to do up any old car you need to go to these guys first and find out what it is they require. Saves a lot of heartache later on down the track.I`m also sure most of these guys dont like to fail peoples dreams but they have a set of guidelines to stick to and if they have to decide between their jobs,income and families and your car, buddy your car is always gunna lose. Do the right thing and there shouldn`t be any problems.
Raving again. Where`s my valium
gww64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 17:39   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Now would you like to no why your mates.....
"No" should be "know".

Quote:
Attitude my friend attitude plane and simple.
Run-on sentence and incorrect version of the word "plain".
"Attitude my friend. Attitude, plain and simple."

Quote:
I would have passed but he didn't have the correct paper work.
"I would have passed him/it/the car but he didn't have the correct paper work."

Quote:
And also because it come under the reg's of a singular manufactured vehicle.....
"And also because it comes/came under the reg's of a singular manufactured vehicle....."

Quote:
I guess you friend is a member.....
"I guess your friend is a member....."

Quote:
....if he is he should know the just because a car has a VP number dose not guarantee......
"..if he is he should know that just because a car has a VP number does not guarantee...."

Quote:
To much power in the wrong hand's??
"To" should be "too".

Quote:
i don't think so maybe people should make sure that they....
Capitalize "I" always, particularly at the beginning of a sentence. Another run-on sentence too.

"I don't think so. Maybe people should make sure they....."

I am sure things are very different at Vic-Roads than most people here think. However if you are going to counter a claim of a lack of required resources to perform a job then one needs to be sure they come across in the most capable manner. We all make typos and an occasional gramatical error, and I am certainly not an exception, however by the preponderance of errors in your posts there would seem to be a lack of concern for detail and accuracy, traits one would expect in a person performing a job that, as you stipulate, is very concerned with detail, completeness, and correct paper work to meet the required regulations. If you don't care to structure your statements accurately and correctly how do you expect people to believe that you are so proper while performing your job? People concerned with detail are concerned with detail in every aspect of their lives.
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons