Ford Forums banner

whats everyones opinion on the xa gt front end vs xb gt

16K views 80 replies 48 participants last post by  landau37 
#1 ·
i want to get an xa gt but i dont really like the bonnet compared to thed xb gt. but i like the xa fenders more than the xb fenders but like the xb grille better than the xa. it's so difficult :(

#2 ·
funny that, i have an xb with the xb gt bonnet and grill but i much prefer the xa grill personally.

The plastic xb grill is a heap of problems when it comes to the weather and deterioration.

the bull nose bonnet looks pretty tuff though. could do some serious pedestrian damage (i am sure the designers didn't have that in mid though).

Not too sure which models had that one?

#3 ·
i vote for the xa.

I actually like the xb front better but i grew up with an xa in the driveway and i've always had a thing for them.

Plus you've already got your name as danxagt! May as well go for the xa now :)

#8 ·
Love them both too, but please what ever you get dont put the XB front on an XA and vice versa, A GT should remain ORIGINAL as much as possible,I dont like seeing XA/b/c front's on other model's also fairlane front's on Falcon's, Dont hack a classic.

#9 ·
XA - Hands down.

XA front end looks better on a Coupe - 100% IMHO. However, I prefer a XB GT sedan more than a XA, but that's just me.

Here's a few pics of the frontend of me mates XAGT coupe, though it does have a GS grille, look tuf as anyways :shag:

Love it!

#11 · (Edited)
I likes the xa gt front abit better .. (I'm told) The xa gt front is more well bolted together than the xb gt... And i know by fact alot more expensive when you can find the genuine guards and bonnet.xb gt front still looks awsome but that comes second. (but thats my opinion).

#12 ·
danxagt said:
i want to get an xa gt but i dont really like the bonnet compared to thed xb gt. but i like the xa fenders more than the xb fenders but like the xb grille better than the xa. it's so difficult :(
I'd be the last to critisize on grammer etc but please XA front "guards".... fender ?????
Thats another language for another country..

#13 ·
The XA in a lot of ways was an evolution of the XY nose (including the classic W shaped front).

The XB was a version of the 1971 Mustang front end.

I prefer the XB GT nose. It has a menacing toughness even with out spoilers. Incedibly intimidating looking at one in your rear view mirror.

#14 ·
i like the xa gt bonnet but prefer the xb bonnet, i like the xa gt grille but dont like the xa standard single headlight grille (i think it has too much unused space which makes it boring ,thats just my opinion anyway

can i still put an xb gt bonnet on an xa because its not a gt

Quote:ebxr8240

"I'd be the last to critisize on grammer etc but please XA front "guards".... fender ?????
Thats another language for another country.."

whats a fender then? thats the way iv'e been brought up to say, i even see it in the paper

#15 ·
I am in love with the XB GT cause its the fastest car I probably been in so I'd go for the XB looks tons better than a XA in my opinion. But my friend has a XA thats probably the fastest car in my town and that is pretty damn good looking
they both look good but personally I would go for a XB. It looks like the devil.

#16 ·
danxagt said:
i like the xa gt bonnet but prefer the xb bonnet, i like the xa gt grille but dont like the xa standard single headlight grille (i think it has too much unused space which makes it boring ,thats just my opinion anyway

can i still put an xb gt bonnet on an xa because its not a gt

Quote:ebxr8240

"I'd be the last to critisize on grammer etc but please XA front "guards".... fender ?????
Thats another language for another country.."

whats a fender then? thats the way iv'e been brought up to say, i even see it in the paper
I think if you put an XB bonnet with XA guards (fenders) you will find that the front edge will look very odd. The leading edge of the XA is designed to have a stainless steel trim across it, the XB is not.

Also, the front edge of the XA and XB are completely different.

#17 ·
XB GT looks way more menacing with its angled downwards look and the XB's nostril bonnet just adds to the meanness.

Althoug I like the XA GT, the XB GT just looks more the part of a street based racer rahter than a modded family car, particularily the coupe.

Kieron

#22 ·
XB Front

XBGT Front...

XC Square headlight front...

#24 ·
Sweet thanks XA GT 351.

After reviewing all those I rekon the XA front looks the best (has kept some styling from the XY for sure) . But the XB bonnet sure looks mean (same as the XC is it?)

#25 ·
Not a problem XF Falcon....Yep same bonnet as The XC.

#26 ·
XA_GT_351 said:
Not a problem XF Falcon....Yep same bonnet as The XC.
One difference between the XB GT and the XC GS bonnets, the XC GS missed out on the lock pins.

Reactions: XA_GT_351
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.