Ford Forums banner

Wheel studs for Moser billet axles

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xcgxl 
#1 ·
Got myself a flat tyre today. I suspect it is because I now have Simmons wheels and I have heard the tyres dont seal properly!!!

Anyway when I changed it THREE of my wheel studs were loose. They were the only ones available from th elocal Moser distributer and HE pu them in with LOCTITE. I have posted about this before.

Does anyone on here run these axles? Am I the ONLY one who can't get the wheel studs to stay in place?
Can anyone recommend the best wheel studs money can buy for a 9 inch disk brake XC Falcon? (ARP dont make them) If so I will buy them money is no object. I dont want to stuff my new wheels any more then I have already!!!!!
They need to be HARD because the axle flanges are very hard and strip the splinesfrom the studs.

#3 ·
Yeah well I had 12 slots and standard axles for years and never had any problems. I think th enew Simmons are shit as I know another guy with a set and I remember he said his leaked as well. I have had them for six months. I think if you let them go a bit flat and drive the car the air leaks out the side of tyre. Now I cant oumo it up. Any tre fitters read this let me know what the problem is, thanks. Th car doesnt get driven very often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.