which is worth more - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2005, 20:44   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 88
which is worth more

$140000 for XA GT RPO 83 AND BA GT
a new gt cost $70000 so does that mean he at least wants over $70000
for the rpo since the ba gt is used
seems like Aussie muscles cars strike again there is nothing collectable about
the ba gt at this present time they have them in stock at the local ford dealer
i was told that the rpo 83 would go up in value by christmas but this much
they were selling for under $40000 just 2 months ago
I know he says he has spent $80000 on the resto but where does it end
(does the rpo have 306 kwatts of power or has this been inflated too)


http://www.australianmusclecarsales....o_83_and_ba_gt
ford5061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-22-2005, 21:55   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
SBUTTman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NSW
Posts: 24
Re: which is worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford5061
$140000 for XA GT RPO 83 AND BA GT
a new gt cost $70000 so does that mean he at least wants over $70000
for the rpo since the ba gt is used
seems like Aussie muscles cars strike again there is nothing collectable about
the ba gt at this present time they have them in stock at the local ford dealer
i was told that the rpo 83 would go up in value by christmas but this much
they were selling for under $40000 just 2 months ago
I know he says he has spent $80000 on the resto but where does it end
(does the rpo have 306 kwatts of power or has this been inflated too)


http://www.australianmusclecarsales....o_83_and_ba_gt
More BS advertising:

"Mileage is around 26,000 miles - which is apparently original". id Love to know why it would need a full $80K resto after 26,000 miles!! thats 1 damn hard life its had!!
"Factory solid motor"? maybe but i doubt it..
"Winged sump"? hmm maybe but never seen one on an unrestored RPO...
"4 Bolt block"? NO! They never had 4 bolt blocks originally so the block has either been modified to a 4 bolt or they used an imported unstamped block....
"It also has a full race tank - 42 gallons." i wonder what its out of???!!!

Im surprised they didn't list the phantom "disk brake" RPO rear end and "RPO 8 grand tacho" as well!!

They should write childrens novels for a living, they crack me up!!
__________________
BA's Rock!
SBUTTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:27   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
SBUTTman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NSW
Posts: 24
Re: which is worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBUTTman
More BS advertising:

"Mileage is around 26,000 miles - which is apparently original". id Love to know why it would need a full $80K resto after 26,000 miles!! thats 1 damn hard life its had!!
"Factory solid motor"? maybe but i doubt it..
"Winged sump"? hmm maybe but never seen one on an unrestored RPO...
"4 Bolt block"? NO! They never had 4 bolt blocks originally so the block has either been modified to a 4 bolt or they used an imported unstamped block....
"It also has a full race tank - 42 gallons." i wonder what its out of???!!!

Im surprised they didn't list the phantom "disk brake" RPO rear end and "RPO 8 grand tacho" as well!!

They should write childrens novels for a living, they crack me up!!
Pitty its advertised like this, it looks like a damn nice car and if its all done correctly 80K isnt too far off the mark for a perfect RPO.
__________________
BA's Rock!
SBUTTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
Windback all the way
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 86
Re: which is worth more

i would say he is chasing around 80-90k for the rpo....there has been one on carpoint asking those sort of dollars for a while now and with a lot more options. My personal opinion is that 4 doors are worth around 45-60k and coupes around 55-80k, in both cases for that sort of money they would need to be fully restored, or very very neat....ohh yeah and lets not forget f$#k all kms..hahah...coz everyone knew that in 1973 these cars would eventually be worth a small fortune and park them in the garage for 30+ years....there might be the odd one here and there, but seems everything on the market has stuff all kms. I have had my XR8 for 12 months and already done 40k on it....the car is there to be driven and most cars back then were
XW_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
gros16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Rockhampton
Age: 29
Posts: 146
Re: which is worth more

why would u not sell them as 2 cars? u still would pay teh 5%, i know there would be more peole witah 70kl budget looking for a nice car then there would be soem one looking for a 2 nice cars with 140k budget
just seems weird
gros16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:36   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 88
Re: which is worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBUTTman
Pitty its advertised like this, it looks like a damn nice car and if its all done correctly 80K isnt too far off the mark for a perfect RPO.

Thats the problem, trying to get the truth out of the bullshit
Once your been lied to by the seller once you cannot trust anything else that comes out there mouth
Apparantly in this add we have been misled many times
In the lastest edition of unique cars there is a rpo83 for sale for $90000
it states it is totally original including the spark plugs,paint and tyres
sounds honest but like i said you would have to see it and have it verified
by someone thats is an expert and willing to put their ass on the line for a
guaranteed valuation
ford5061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:43   #7 (permalink)
Windback all the way
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 86
Re: which is worth more

If you are referring to the wild violet one - it was at the Nats, looked neat, not sure of the kms though....as stated you would need to have it verified and possibly double verified if you are paying that sort of cash based on a low kms original car!!!
XW_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:47   #8 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: warrnambool
Posts: 281
Re: which is worth more

Just one point, it could be an original 4 bolt block as after the Phase 4 got canned all the blocks went down the line and ended up in everything from Falcons to F100`s. So while unlikely it is a possibility
clevokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 22:59   #9 (permalink)
Approach with caution.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 1,043
Re: which is worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevokid
Just one point, it could be an original 4 bolt block as after the Phase 4 got canned all the blocks went down the line and ended up in everything from Falcons to F100`s. So while unlikely it is a possibility
All RPO's (just like all other manual XAGT's) were factory fitted with the american imported Big port 4V motor designated CK617 JI-W, this was a complete engine that was imported in crates and installed as a complete engine on the line, they were all 2 bolt motors, NONE were 4 bolt.
The only difference being different carb and extractors were fitted.
We never imported 4 bolt blocks for factory fitting in Australia.
All manual motors fitted upto 12/73 were fully imported complete big port motors.
We didn't start to fit locally assembled manual 351 clevelands in australia till 1974...
The 4 Bolt phase 4 motor never made production and more importantly from research that a few people have done they were planning on importing cap sets for fitment not complete 4 bolt motors and then modifying them here, this never eventuated..
Dont forget, the phase 4 prototypes were built with a D block motor, not a sq block motor like the RPO...
__________________
F6: the fastest factory 4 door falcon in the world!
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:29   #10 (permalink)
Go the GT's
 
xagt_coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: QLD
Posts: 650
Re: which is worth more

Was that the Wild Violet RPO sedan in Unique Cars that was unregistered and had a tow bar on it??
If it was, this car has/had a stuffed motor and manual, was trucked around everywhere, and never even started during the entire show. I had heard the figures floating around on that car were in the 80's. There was also a Wild Violet RPO coupe for sale, and the owner wanted 100k for that one.
__________________
Homepages:-

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:12.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.