Xa Gs Stripes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2005, 00:58   #1 (permalink)

Xa Gs Stripes

Howdy everyone this is my first visit here but i thought i would give this a go to help find a few bits for my XA... i picked it up off a mate a couple of years ago in a pretty original state of despair and i am just about to start stripping it back to bare metal to start again. when i picked it up it was a strange find. aparantly it had only been registered twice since new and had been stored around the place ending up in a paddock where my mates brother found it... the odd part was it was a fairmont without power steering it had the factory 351 still with the copper core leads and original coil, 4 speed top loader and and the good old nine inch diff LSD and it has these strange little tramp rods that are connected to the top of the u shackles and run foward to the subframe.... the colour is copper bronze and it had the GS stripes but all that remained of them was the little remnants that wrap around the doors and guards.. the tool that purchased the car being a bit of a nobb head threw away the original GS steering wheel and that really pissed me off when i found out,,,,the interior is black vinyl and it has the sports dash with a 7000 rpm tacho and 240 kph speedo... oh and its a late 73... what i would really like is to find out if anyone out there knows where i can get the stripe kit from or has any other xa bits they want to sell ? cheers Dan
XA GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 01:45   #2 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Re: Xa Gs Stripes

Try some of these places, ohh, and welcome to the forums.

http://www.fomoco.com.au/
http://www.superoo.com.au/html_files...te&setsite=210
http://www.fordmuscleparts.com.au/cat/
http://www.rarespares.net.au/mainind.htm
Old 11-11-2005, 01:50   #3 (permalink)
Fatso

Have you tried Falcon GT Garage? I know they have XA Coupe GS Srtipe kit, not sure about sedan.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:51   #4 (permalink)
Fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeCruiser09
Have you tried Falcon GT Garage? I know they have XA Coupe GS Srtipe kit, not sure about sedan.
Same time falcon coupe....Falcon Gt garage = fomoco.com.au
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10   #5 (permalink)
Go the GT's

240 klm speedo is wrong for an xa, they all had mph speedos factory, some 120, rest 140. The 240klm speedo came into the xb's in late 74.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:07   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA GS
... the odd part was it was a fairmont without power steering
My XA Fairmont GS didn't have P/S either. That was not a fairly common option back then.

BTW, my car is a late 73 car also. My VIN starts with JG67NC which makes it a 9/73 build but the date on the plates say 10/73 so it gapped the months of Sep and Oct during it's build.

PM me as I'd like to compare VINs to see how close together our cars were built. I have the verification letter from Ford on my car and from talking to the GT guys I've found out that my car is one of last few hundred XAs built....that's all XA body styles so it may be one of the last few coupes, still trying to find that info out.

--J
XAFALCONGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:31   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
240 klm speedo is wrong for an xa, they all had mph speedos factory, some 120, rest 140. The 240klm speedo came into the xb's in late 74.
You are right there i also got to thinking as i can remember my old xa i had years ago being mph and my mate had an xb with the mph speedo with kph on the inside... the mates brother who bastardised the steering wheel also had a couple of wrecked xb coupes and he may have changes the instrument cluster.. i will contact him and find out if he was responsible... oh also mine is a 4 door.... cheers
Old 11-11-2005, 10:45   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAFALCONGS
My XA Fairmont GS didn't have P/S either. That was not a fairly common option back then.

BTW, my car is a late 73 car also. My VIN starts with JG67NC which makes it a 9/73 build but the date on the plates say 10/73 so it gapped the months of Sep and Oct during it's build.

PM me as I'd like to compare VINs to see how close together our cars were built. I have the verification letter from Ford on my car and from talking to the GT guys I've found out that my car is one of last few hundred XAs built....that's all XA body styles so it may be one of the last few coupes, still trying to find that info out.

--J
Hi there i just run out and checked the compliance plate and it has the 9/73 build date and the vin starts with JG34NC being that mine is also a 4 door version... wish i had a coupe though .... also thanks to all the guys who sent me the links they are a treasure trove of bits i want but still no gs stripes lol.. my girlfriends sister does stickers and anything vinyl to stick on cars and i have shown her a couple of good pics of xa,s with the stripes and she is confident she can wing it catcha later
Old 11-11-2005, 11:22   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi there i just run out and checked the compliance plate and it has the 9/73 build date and the vin starts with JG34NC being that mine is also a 4 door version... wish i had a coupe though .... also thanks to all the guys who sent me the links they are a treasure trove of bits i want but still no gs stripes lol.. my girlfriends sister does stickers and anything vinyl to stick on cars and i have shown her a couple of good pics of xa,s with the stripes and she is confident she can wing it catcha later
Any graphics shop that makes vinyl decals for commercial vehicles can make the stripes. For mine, I took an XA Falcon factory brochure to a graphics shop where they scanned it into the computer. We then took measurments of the door on my car and they used those measurements to get the proper scale for the picture. Once that was done, they were able to make stripes in just about any color. There are companies making XW & XY GT stripes in different colors. Call one of them and see if they can make you the XA stripes.
XAFALCONGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:44   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
What colour stripes do you need, Black or Gold?

Steve
Pine N Lime XC 5.8 GS Fairmont Wagon,
Apollo Blue 75 ZG Fairlane 50th Anniversary.
Brooklands Green 83 Capri Mk3 2.8i
Green EL Fairmont Ghia (The wifes).
Black BA XR6 Ute
Fordson Super Major Tractor
Fordson Super Dexta Tractor
Ford D1211 tray truck
Yes, I like Fords.
jg66me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons