XA GT Sedan - Price Check. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 17:35   #1 (permalink)
Club Phantom

XA GT Sedan - Price Check.

Hi all,

Just feeling the water on behalf of my brother. He's considering selling his genuine XA GT sedan. Now before you tell me there's already a thread on this one, there is a subtle difference.

All numbers match. He still has the original block sitting in the corner, however he has a different engine in it at the moment. Car runs 12.2 on optimax. Car has recently been resprayed and is in my opinion the best colour option, black and white. Plated as a C4. Car has weld wheels, 4000 converter, autometer guages etc, etc. All the usual shit you would expect on a low 12 second car. Car hasn't been butchered in any way. No tubs, no roll cages etc.

What do you think would be a fair and reasonable price for this car?

appreciate your thoughts.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 00:11   #2 (permalink)
Yellow Glow XA GT

Re: XA GT Sedan - Price Check.

At the end of the day, if it's plated an auto, I would think less than a manual, say 3k, but its a sellers market, depends on alot of things, options/history too.
No less than 15k?? Depends who wants a black and white auto.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:00   #3 (permalink)

I agree, 15k is a good starting point for an XA, and going by the description, probably closer to 20 would be on the money...

sounds good got any pics ?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:07   #4 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
At the end of the day, if it's plated an auto, I would think less than a manual, say 3k, but its a sellers market, depends on alot of things, options/history too.
No less than 15k?? Depends who wants a black and white auto.

Just my thoughts.
Auto GT's are getting much rarer now every tom dick and harry has a manual.I would say around the 25 grand mark the motor alone would fetch for 10 gees second hand.If the body is all perfect i can't see why it wouldn't fetch a good price as these cars are becoming much sorted.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:02   #5 (permalink)

I would have thought $25k would be a REAL good price. Black and white is definitely a sexy combo. One thing is for sure you don't see too many around.
To run 12.2 the engine must be making 450+, and an engine like that don't cost 2 grand.

You could even rebuild the original motor and sell the car as a stocka and keep all the go fast bits.

My 2 cents worth.
xbmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:14   #6 (permalink)
Yellow Glow XA GT

True to all comments, I wasn't including the go fast motor, obviously it'd be worth more with all the add ons.
As far as I'm concerned, an auto may be rare, but who lately has been paying that money for autos...??
(I can't talk as there'll be an auto in my stable soon.. LOL!!)
Manuals pull more money any day of the week.

My 3 Cents worth.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:55   #7 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
True to all comments, I wasn't including the go fast motor, obviously it'd be worth more with all the add ons.
As far as I'm concerned, an auto may be rare, but who lately has been paying that money for autos...??
(I can't talk as there'll be an auto in my stable soon.. LOL!!)
Manuals pull more money any day of the week.

My 3 Cents worth.
The trend these days is auto cars are outselling manuals this will influence the market for the older cars too in the distant future.I have a manual an a auto GT i prefer the auto the manual older GT's is like a crow bar in a bucket.
Another thing to the rarest GT in Australia is a AUTO.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 16:06   #8 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Hi all,

Just feeling the water on behalf of my brother. He's considering selling his genuine XA GT sedan. Now before you tell me there's already a thread on this one, there is a subtle difference.

All numbers match. He still has the original block sitting in the corner, however he has a different engine in it at the moment. Car runs 12.2 on optimax. Car has recently been resprayed and is in my opinion the best colour option, black and white. Plated as a C4. Car has weld wheels, 4000 converter, autometer guages etc, etc. All the usual shit you would expect on a low 12 second car. Car hasn't been butchered in any way. No tubs, no roll cages etc.

What do you think would be a fair and reasonable price for this car?

pull the race motor out and sell it. put the original motor back in, ditch those horrible weld wheels and put a nice set of globes on, then sell it as a proper gt.....not some tarted up street machine.
you'll get what someone is willing to pay for it and not what is suggested here.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 18:35   #9 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Coupeman, there are people around who will want the car as is, but do not take under 25k with the good motor in it.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:38   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Hi all,

Plated as a C4.

I would have thought the B on the compliance plate stands for FMX not C4. Where did you get the C4 info from?
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons