XA GTHO Phase IV and the Landau? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 07:20   #1 (permalink)
Grandpa Henry

XA GTHO Phase IV and the Landau?

Howdy

Wondering if anyone had any real info on these cars as I cannot find anything substantial anywhere! I know there were unofficially 4 XA Pase IV's built and I don't know if any are still driving. They are the rarest Falcons on earth! A for a 4 door car in the 70's to do 260+ was truly a supercar!I think also there might have been some prototype GTHO Phase Iv coupes built but I think they were scrapped before they saw the light of day.... :( I bought the Ford OE engine parts for them which are still avaliable for Clevo's (under a different badge of course). As for the Landau it has lots of snazzy features though the luzury coupe never took off, shame.....

Long Live the Falcons!

Grandpa Henry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2002, 07:42   #2 (permalink)

Light reading

This is a story on the XA GTHO, from what it says there are 3 that live. not a bad read.

www.fouronthefloor.com.au/garage/phase4.html

Histroy lessons :)
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:25   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Gamps - australian ford LTD central has a bit of info on the Landau. fordltd.freeservers.com/
Yes, the Landau is a beast and I reckon it looks better than any other XA/B/C coupe made including the Cobra

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 10:28   #4 (permalink)
The Goodz

We have a family friend that has a Landau, it's an absolute beast, he says it drinks fuel like theres no tomorrow, but thats about all I know about it. Next time I see them I'll try and get some pics.

Alex
Old 05-21-2002, 12:56   #5 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Consider yourself lucky Goodz. They are a rare beast. I'd give my left nut for a Landau.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:56   #6 (permalink)
TheFonz

Re: XA GTHO Phase IV jesus what could have been!

Utter Bathurst domination I think.....
175 Mph (280kmph) "easy" Jesus for a road registerable road car. I spose back then they were all anal retentive bible bashers in govt who did not know what the word 'fun' meant.
Not mention the bargain of the century- upgrade your XA GT to GTHO for 600 bucks extra. I wish I lived back then. Cops shit bricks when you 10ks over the limit let alone 190kmph over it lol

If Ford kept up this geez we'd have EA GTHO's that would do 200 mph easy? Well Grandpa and Suicide & Co.....
HSV and FTE don't even have cars to match this monster, well not yet maybe.
I wonder about Cryslers Supercar from hell? Holden were too wussy to build one. Its bloody amazing to think they could build a car like this and the project gets canned?

Maybe the GTHO is once again being resurrected in 2004 with a V10. If this is the case I think we'll be in the supercar war again, take no prisoners im sure. We'll in theory a car like this with little 'work' done to it should hit the triple ton easy. Though I think they will restrict the top speed on it anyway.
to appease those RTA faggots who drive BMW's and Lexus.

Fonzerelli
Old 05-23-2002, 23:35   #7 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

V10 = Rumer

from what i no, there will be no V10. That would b fuct anyway, tha GT should always b an 8.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons