XA vs XB - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which is the better looking GT front, the XA or XB?
XA 70 41.18%
XB 75 44.12%
Can't decide/Equally good 25 14.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 00:07   #1 (permalink)

XA vs XB

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to do either an XA or XB hardtop GT replica as a big project but am having trouble deciding which one is the better looking one, meaning I don't know which one to buy. I realize there's already a topic on this but I thought it'd be good to put up a poll, that way I can tell which one is more popular with you guys. Just for the record, I reckon the XA front is an overall better look but the XB front is a lot meaner cause of it's downward sloping nose. I'm also tempted to in some way use the XB bonnet with scoops on the XA but I've pretty much decided against that because I believe these types of cars should be kept 100% original. Anyway, I'm having a really tough time deciding cause I can't have both, and I want to keep this car forever, so there's basically no going back once the projects completed. I'd love to hear any input.
73falcongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Re: XA vs XB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
I believe these types of cars should be kept 100% original. Anyway, I'm having a really tough time deciding cause I can't have both, and I want to keep this car forever, so there's basically no going back once the projects completed. I'd love to hear any input.
If you're so keen to keep the car original why are you building a replica????
What is the car now?
In my opinion there's nothing wrong with restoring the car back to what it was, it beats doing another all too common replica....
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 00:32   #3 (permalink)

Love the XA front. The XB does look mean but i cant stand the honeycomb grille and the way the headlights are moulded into the grille with that silver plastic surround...(dont know the name of it)...looks tacky and reminds me of the HQ(?) holdens.
XC Coupe 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:34   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
If you're so keen to keep the car original why are you building a replica????
What is the car now?
In my opinion there's nothing wrong with restoring the car back to what it was, it beats doing another all too common replica....
I haven't got the car yet, I've gotta decide which one to go still. In response to your very curious question with the 4 question marks, nothing beats the look of a GT, and although everyone would like to drive one, not everyone is fortunate enough to have the money to own an immaculate GT coupe, I'm guessing you know how much they can cost. I'm willing to put in the effort and time to make this next car as good as any coupe I could buy. A genuine GT should definitely be untouched and cars in general should go the same way generally speaking. But if making a GT replica out of a standard falcon coupe is wrong then baby I don't wanna be right. One thing I can't stand though is people with genuine GT's going changing colours, chopping panels, blowers coming out of the bonnet etc. but again, it's not my car.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

i'm biased.....go the b's

mind you the toughest looking front end of all is the cobra front end.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:44   #6 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
I haven't got the car yet, I've gotta decide which one to go still. In response to your very curious question with the 4 question marks, nothing beats the look of a GT, and although everyone would like to drive one, not everyone is fortunate enough to have the money to own an immaculate GT coupe, I'm guessing you know how much they can cost. I'm willing to put in the effort and time to make this next car as good as any coupe I could buy. A genuine GT should definitely be untouched and cars in general should go the same way generally speaking. But if making a GT replica out of a standard falcon coupe is wrong then baby I don't wanna be right. One thing I can't stand though is people with genuine GT's going changing colours, chopping panels, blowers coming out of the bonnet etc. but again, it's not my car.

well said
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:51   #7 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to do either an XA or XB hardtop GT replica as a big project but am having trouble deciding which one is the better looking one, meaning I don't know which one to buy. I realize there's already a topic on this but I thought it'd be good to put up a poll, that way I can tell which one is more popular with you guys. Just for the record, I reckon the XA front is an overall better look but the XB front is a lot meaner cause of it's downward sloping nose. I'm also tempted to in some way use the XB bonnet with scoops on the XA but I've pretty much decided against that because I believe these types of cars should be kept 100% original. Anyway, I'm having a really tough time deciding cause I can't have both, and I want to keep this car forever, so there's basically no going back once the projects completed. I'd love to hear any input.
I have a XBGT but Love the XA GT's too.The XA front is the best looking front on any GT i reckon so i would opt for a XA in coupe form.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:07   #8 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I voted for the xa just because I have one .You can get away with a few more things on a xa .Funny thing a xb gt hardtop was the car that got me interested in the hardtops and owned a xa and xc but never a xb .Also I think the xa has the best front end but the xb-c has the best bonnt if only you could have both on the same car.
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:24   #9 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Definantly the XA's. I too am biased, I have an xa gt coupe too. I did own an xb gt as well. I think the xa front is more agressive and sexier, and those vents in the front quarter just set it off. The xb bonnet is a much more refined look, and is great for huge air cleaner elements, but if the front end is standard or gt ride height the hump does protrude on you if you are a little short, or if your seat blocks are removed.
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:43   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
Also I think the xa has the best front end but the xb-c has the best bonnt if only you could have both on the same car.
I agree, the bonnet scoops on the B and C are so much better, bigger more aggressive looking you know? Whereas the XA has these little things. Pretty disappointing actually, at least compared to the bigger ones. You can stare straight down them on the XB's and XC's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons