Ford Forums banner

XAGT Hardtop

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Yellow Fire 
#1 ·
Anybody seen this?

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=1973270&current_rec=7&total_rec=101&sort_type=&make_id=6&state_id=-1&search_distance=25&year_min=1970&year_max=1980

$55,000 seems like a crazy price if you ask me. I called him and he tells me it is without a doubt the most immaculate of its kind available anywhere in Australia.
There are a few other 500 coupes on carsales at the moment for what seems like huge money as well. Did I miss something in the last week? Were they declared a national treasure or something while I was sleeping? I mean I love coupes and all but some of the prices I have seen lately have been huge!

#3 ·
Nice car! A neighbour of mine has the same colour RPO 83 sedan in as good condition, and occaisionally he leaves it out the front so I can have a perve. His has the CORRECT Globe wheels on it as well. I have exactly that same coupe in 1:18 scale!!:shrug:

#5 ·
OK, so it's a lovely XA coupe - no doubt about it. But as my countrymen might say, old Les there is "'avin' a giraffe" at that price! That's silly money - I'd want it perfect, original and brand new right down to the rocker cover bolts for that money.

#6 ·
It is not just a coupe, it's a GT !!! that makes it a national treasure, and it's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it, they havn't made them for a long time, and one in that condition is rare, i have seen a similar XA GT Coupe for 75k, but it was an RPO.

#7 ·
lol yep have to agree, its a GT, its a national treasure.

Wont sell for that, but it will bring a nice $ without a doubt

#11 ·
i know of 2 rpos sold at around 60k, full concourse condition rebuilds... some of you may know of them..... I would have bought them WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before this one.
I know of a very nice coupe at 29k now... and it's had big $$ spent and is just waiting for a buyer... red pepper.

Mick.

#12 ·
Yellow Fire said:
Nice car, but would be even nicer with the right wheels & without the $3000 sound system.

He also has it on ebay HERE
Exactly, it would be a much better deal if supplied original without any sick modifications. There is no way that car is as desirable as an XW-XY GT in terms of being a collectable.

Seriously the XA-XC series coupe market is like the Sydney housing market with people losing their grip on reality.

But in this case if someone buys it for $55K then it obviously is worth it to them.

#15 ·
nak302 said:
just another greedy owner on the gt gravy train :thdn:
Amen! The guy will possibly get that kinda money for the car but he is fooling himself if he thinks a Yank will buy it for that kinda money. I've beat this dead horse before but sellers have to understand that there is no history to a Falcon GT in the US OR Canada. A Falcon GT doesn't ring any bells or tug at anyones fond memories of riding in their dad's Falcon GT cause we never had them! The only thing a "Yank" recognizes is the MM profile of the car. That's it. For US$45,000+ I could get a very nice Mach 1 or a pretty damn good Boss 302 (and a non-original but no rust Boss 429). Heck, a friend of mine just put a deposit on a 1967 Corvette convertible with a big block and a/c. Total price was US$42,000 and this car is a show car that has won in the concours class. US$40K and up buys a helluva lot of muscle car over here and a MM fan is only going to buy the least expensive car he can get because he is going to have to spend another US$6000+ just to ship the thing to a US port.

--J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.