XB Coupe on Ebay... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 04:21   #1 (permalink)

XB Coupe on Ebay...

Why would you wreck this car??? It looks to good !!! Is it stolen or something???LOL !!! http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZbertrand106
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 05:03   #2 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Re: XB Coupe on Ebay...

Did you see the other shell he has for sale. Dunno what he is doing with all this stuff. Once he sells off the bits on the red one I wonder what will happen with the rest......

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:13   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

What a waste of cars
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:16   #4 (permalink)

Is rust in the right bulkhead bad/expensive to get out?
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:03   #5 (permalink)

He could get at least 5 grand for that red coupe from the look of it, and he wouldnt even have to wait for the auction to finich.I like the medal (sic) boot wing! sic means I deliberately spelt it like him, I am not trying to imitate the youth of today, lol.
Old 03-15-2005, 15:54   #6 (permalink)

I got the impression he had two coupes and is keeping the shell of the red and the panels off the other and disregarding the rest.
Old 03-15-2005, 17:45   #7 (permalink)
Go the GT's

The gold one looks like it's lost it's front end and orig. doors, so you could be right about that, however according to his description of the bits he is selling they too are pretty good. Following on the train of thought, why would you swap the bits over and then piss around with re-painting them to match the rest of the car?
Unless the bits aren't as good as described, and or you were going for a full re-spray and perhaps colour change too....??????
He isn't asking small amounts either, starting prices are up there with what I would think would be final winning bidder prices. The only thing that is quite reasonable in price is the shell. It's the first one I have seen in a while under 1k.
Wouldn't mind it myself, except it's too far away.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:34   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
The gold one looks like it's lost it's front end and orig. doors, so you could be right about that, however according to his description of the bits he is selling they too are pretty good. Following on the train of thought, why would you swap the bits over and then piss around with re-painting them to match the rest of the car?
Unless the bits aren't as good as described, and or you were going for a full re-spray and perhaps colour change too....??????
He isn't asking small amounts either, starting prices are up there with what I would think would be final winning bidder prices. The only thing that is quite reasonable in price is the shell. It's the first one I have seen in a while under 1k.
Wouldn't mind it myself, except it's too far away.

OK, so after the rubbish that people said about my GT when I had it on ebay, I thought I might sort this out on behalf of the guy seling the stuff. The Gold one was his project car, but he came accross the red one which has a factory sunroof. He is therefore selling the gold shell and all of the parts he doesn't need off the other car. I just looked at both today on the way home from work. The gold one is a Dec '73 JG67. And yes, it is good for the money.

Everyone likes to assume and guess at what is going on; if you are genuinely interested in something, just ask - it's not hard. I'm sure any of you could have clicked the "Ask seller a Question" link on ebay just as easily as you hurried back to this site to pay out on something you know nothing about.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:12   #9 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO-083
OK, so after the rubbish that people said about my GT when I had it on ebay, I thought I might sort this out on behalf of the guy seling the stuff. The Gold one was his project car, but he came accross the red one which has a factory sunroof. He is therefore selling the gold shell and all of the parts he doesn't need off the other car. I just looked at both today on the way home from work. The gold one is a Dec '73 JG67. And yes, it is good for the money.

Everyone likes to assume and guess at what is going on; if you are genuinely interested in something, just ask - it's not hard. I'm sure any of you could have clicked the "Ask seller a Question" link on ebay just as easily as you hurried back to this site to pay out on something you know nothing about.
Mmmm, ok I didn't bag your RPO at all.
I was actually considering bidding for it, but my coupe is costing me plenty more than expected at the moment. If it was a RPO coupe I definantly would have bid.
I also don't mind a little idle speculation instead of wasting the time of the seller, as I am not interested in driving to Sydney area to buy it. Too far away for me.
I firmly hate non serious, 'tyre kickers' wasting my time asking questions when they are not even interested in buying, so hence I don't do it back to others. In no way am I bagging other peoples stuff, especially without seeing it in the flesh.
I did say it was the first coupe on e-bay not selling for a bullshit price for once. Which is good.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:34   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Mmmm, ok I didn't bag your RPO at all.

I also don't mind a little idle speculation instead of wasting the time of the seller, as I am not interested in driving to Sydney area to buy it. Too far away for me.

I did say it was the first coupe on e-bay not selling for a bullshit price for once. Which is good.
The bagging of my RPO was a generalisation, not aimed at you personally, for this I apologise.

Idle speculation gave some potential bidders cold feet with my car, especially when others take it as fact.

And, yes, I agree, it is not a bullshit price.

Lastly, sorry I don't quote "properly", but I tend it mess it up......
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons