xb driving lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2004, 20:25   #1 (permalink)

xb driving lights

Just been lucky enough to grab a gt grill & driving lights at next to nothing. Could someone please explain to me where the original driving light switch locates on the dash?
glossy 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
Catching Bugs

Re: xb driving lights

on the right hand side of the steering colum
Old 10-17-2004, 03:35   #3 (permalink)

looking on the right hand side of the dash near the steering coloumn i can't see any blank off plates or indentations where this switch should go. Does this mean i have to cut a slot in this position to fit the switch?
glossy 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:34   #4 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

You can just see the switch below the indicator stalk to the right of the ignition . Im pretty sure that on the back of the panel its marked where the switch hole is suppose go
302xm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:25   #5 (permalink)

302xm is right. If you put your fingers up behind the panel you will feel the indent area that has to be cut out. I drilled holes through the plastic to make the hole and then finished it off smooth with a file when I put my switch in. Two self tappers from the bottom hold the switch in place. The wire to hook the spots to the high beam is a bit of a bugger to get to but if you remove the side access panel on the drivers side of the dash you will find a spare wire about 10 to 20cm up into the dash on the headlight wires. I think it's green in colour from memory but don't quote me.
Paul351xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 21:28   #6 (permalink)

And while you're at it put a relay on high beam as well, stops the switch burning out and gives you about 10% brighter headlights on high beam.
Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons