XB Factory aircon Heater tap/switch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2003, 20:29   #1 (permalink)

Question XB Factory aircon Heater tap/switch

I was just wondering if anybody out there knew of anywhere i could get a heater tap with a switch on it for the factory airconditioning set-up in an XB falcon.
I have rung the wreckers that I got the evaporator box from and they said that they cant get them in an unrusted condition, and ford dont make them anymore. I would really like to find out if I can get an aftermarket that look original, or at least works, otherwise i will just have to get one with out a switch off an XC or something.....

Thanks in advance...

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 03:21   #2 (permalink)

You used to be able to get them new but they were $120 or something ridiculous..I'm not sure on availability now though.
I think you can use the later type XC onwards which is around $20.You will have a spare vac line though.I think the original valve has a line for 1/2 open and another for full open.I think you block of the 1/2 open one and your good to go..I cant recall though which line is which..
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 20:45   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I can get an XC one, even from the wreckers unrusted if i wanted, but I would like to get my hands on an XB one with the cutout switch for the aircon compressor. I will just have to keep searching....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons