XB Fairmont Coupe on Ebay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2004, 20:27   #1 (permalink)

XB Fairmont Coupe on Ebay

Looks kinda nice and original, 302, reg til February....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2004, 20:45   #2 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Re: XB Fairmont Coupe on Ebay

original looking car. reserve not met at 8k, a bit high i reckon not being a GT.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 20:51   #3 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

Try getting a good xb gt for under 15 thousand. Ive been looking on all the car sites and publications and havent seen a single xbgt for less than 15,000 in good condition.

So, if this car is ok i think 8k is reasonable

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 21:09   #4 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

at 8k reserve is NOT met, so he wants more. it's just a fairmont with options.
once again what it's worth to you may not be worth to me, like that cobra in the other thread. yes it is worth 20k (if it proved to be clean) to me but maybe not to someone else.
Old 12-01-2004, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
Fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak302
at 8k reserve is NOT met, so he wants more. it's just a fairmont with options.
once again what it's worth to you may not be worth to me, like that cobra in the other thread. yes it is worth 20k (if it proved to be clean) to me but maybe not to someone else.

Remember (no offence GT owners) a GT coupe is just a coupe with more bits. At $15K plus, your paying for the privelegy of having an original GT, not always quality or condition. Any coupe in good unmolested condition is well worth $8K or there abouts IMHO. It could be the difference between a good car or a lot of money on rust repair, unkept interiors, floogged mechanicals etc...... When I was shopping around 12 months to 2 year ago I found $6K was a good (minimum) mark for the difference between a good condition (non-GT) coupe and somethig that was full of rust or bog, and I looked at plenty of cars! There were also plenty of overpriced rust buckets.
Old 12-01-2004, 21:26   #6 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

True enough.

But I dont go in for all the what its worth for you etc etc.

A car is worth a certain amount judged by what else is available in the market place at any given time.

A car can start out worth ten thousand, and in time as less models become available for sale the price will go up as less examples of the model are around. Then there is differing price points for condition etc.

A car is worth what someone will pay, but my point is the owner will see it differently, the car is worth what it is worth when compared against the rest of the cars the same as it.

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 21:35   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeCruiser09
Remember (no offence GT owners) a GT coupe is just a coupe with more bits. At $15K plus, your paying for the privelegy of having an original GT, not always quality or condition. Any coupe in good unmolested condition is well worth $8K or there abouts IMHO. It could be the difference between a good car or a lot of money on rust repair, unkept interiors, floogged mechanicals etc...... When I was shopping around 12 months to 2 year ago I found $6K was a good (minimum) mark for the difference between a good condition (non-GT) coupe and somethig that was full of rust or bog, and I looked at plenty of cars! There were also plenty of overpriced rust buckets.
nope it's not just a coupe, it's a GT coupe. different numbers, mate. what your saying is it's just a tarted up falcon, i have to disagree.
spend 15k doing up a fairmont, end result is you probably won't get your money back. spend that same 15k on the GT you probably will. weird, hey?
Old 12-01-2004, 21:37   #8 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black EX-R6
True enough.

But I dont go in for all the what its worth for you etc etc.

A car is worth a certain amount judged by what else is available in the market place at any given time.

A car can start out worth ten thousand, and in time as less models become available for sale the price will go up as less examples of the model are around. Then there is differing price points for condition etc.

A car is worth what someone will pay, but my point is the owner will see it differently, the car is worth what it is worth when compared against the rest of the cars the same as it.
we've been over this a thousand times in here. you have your opinion, i respect that.
Old 12-01-2004, 21:53   #9 (permalink)

I'd agree with Coupe cruiser, you'll be a lucky man if you can find a GT under 15K that doesn't need a LOT of work unless you are very lucky. As for other Coupes, there really isn't a lot out there worth picking up under 8 grand, I had the similar joy of trying to find a half decent one in Vic for months until I found two out in the country hiding away!
Old 12-01-2004, 21:55   #10 (permalink)

I'd agree with Coupe cruiser, you'll be a lucky man if you can find a GT under 15K that doesn't need a LOT of work. As for other Coupes, there really isn't a lot out there worth picking up under 8 grand, I had the similar joy of trying to find a half decent one in Vic for months until I found two out in the country hiding away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons