Ford Forums banner

XB GS Fairmont

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Yellow Fire 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I posted some 'before' pics of this car a while ago & said I'd post some more as the work continued. In an attempt to teach myself some basic html I started this page for my car. I'll have to take some more recent pics of the car to show the 'finished' product, but this is all I've done so far.

http://home.kooee.com.au/q2501/xb_gs/index.htm

Cheers
Matt

#2 ·
Nice pics there Yellow Fire!

#8 ·
xespack said:
WOW thats awesome and in my price range!! Was that with reg and rwc? Any moeny on mechanicals needed to be spent?? etc etc?
Yeah that was with rego. In NSW all cars get inspected every year so I didn't request a seperate RWC. It had some rust, & a fair few dents that needed repairing. The motor is ok, but being 29 years old it needs a rebuild. The only thing I've done to the motor is fit a new carby & ignition.

Its a bit of a long term project at this stage, so I don't know what the final bill will be :) This one was never intended to be a show stopper, just a bit of fun.

Keep your eye out for coupes, they're still around but you need to be quick to spot them. Prices vary depending on what you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.