xb gs gt clock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 22:35   #1 (permalink)

xb gs gt clock

I,m having problems trying to find someone to fix a xb clock.The clock is working but it loses time. I have taken it to two places here in Adelaide to fix the problem only to be stuffed around by so called experts.The last so called repairer had it for 7 weeks at a qoute of $100.00 but when i finally got it back i found it was gaining 5 mins. every 24 hrs. Needless to say he has not received a cent and won't. I have been trying to adjust the thing myself but i aint winning. Is there anybody that you guys recommend to fix this problem. I don't mind sending interstate if i have to but obviously Adelaide would be nice. HELP!!!
glossy 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2004, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

Re: xb gs gt clock

From what ive read XB clocks are notorious for not working. Even if you get it fixewd dont expect it to work for long.

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:59   #3 (permalink)

Interesting fault. These clocks are the same internally as the XW/XY type. They work using a solenoid - contacts close, solenoid activates and flicks contacts apert, spring tension brings them back and the process starts again. The action is regulated by this rocking assembly (escutcheon) and a toothed wheel, so the spring tension is generally not a huge issue. Unless it has been stretched to buggery - this can occur through shortening it too much to tighten a spring which has lost its tension.

Just a thought.

Another option is to obtain the innards from a late model quartz analogue clock and retrofitting them in the case. Won't be able to pick it! Although the purists will spew, a lot of Jap cars may have what you need.

And dare I say it....and it chokes me to do this....um the VB-VK commodore clock (bloody common) is only a little smaller.....may be a good innards donor.....
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:24   #4 (permalink)

Oops.....not called an escutcheon but an escapement (I think!)......a bit of useless information. Been a while since I looked at these!
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:44   #5 (permalink)

There is one of these in a XB Fairmont at my local wreckers. I couldnt even figure out how to get it out quickly or I would have. The rest of the stuff I puled from it is on E Bay, with the console still to come. Did they impove abything on the XC type clocks? Mine is from a TE Cortina and it have been very accurate for over ten years.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:21   #6 (permalink)
Go the GT's

The xc clock is diffrent. It's electronic, not mechanical. Also if you look at the back of the XA/B and XC clocks the holes and lights are totally diffrent, not to mention the brackets. There is no easy fix this way. I have approx 4 xa/b clocks, none work. I do know a fella who can fix them properly and they keep time well, I will ask him if he wants to do some for interested people. Let me know if you are interested......
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:55   #7 (permalink)

Thanks xagtcoupe, if you could find out for us if this guy is interested in fixing this clock it would be appreciated. Please let me know how you go. Thanks to everyone else for your help.
glossy 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons