Ford Forums banner

XB or XC bonnet, how to tell ?

9K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  XC Coupe 78 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've done a search of ff and couldn't find this info.
How do you tell if a bonnet is from an XB or XC ?
Is this possible at all ? :bsr:

#2 ·
Bonnet safety catch is in slightly different position from memmory just cant remember how much but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT type bonneys for XB have factory steel inserts for bonnet pins & XC dosen't !!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
MustangNut said:
Hi all,

I've done a search of ff and couldn't find this info.
How do you tell if a bonnet is from an XB or XC ?
Is this possible at all ? :bsr:
XC bonnets have more holes cut-out from undreneath the Bonnet.Also XC pursuit cars had locking pins like the XBGT.
Cheers Alex.

#7 ·
My car has an XC bonnet. I know this as I removed it from my XC. I do have an XB bonnet with pins, flutes etc. That sits in the garage and stays undamaged.

The difference in the bonnets is only the catches. There is three bolt holes in both XB/C bonnets to mount the catch. My bonnets late XC and has the FORD lettering. So does the 1975 XB bonnet.

Underneath they are identical.

Brenden

#10 ·
When i bought my coupe the bonnet it had on it had the pins somebody above spoke of on either side. Does this mean it is not the original bonnet?

The bonnet is f***ed though as the nugget who owned it before me drove off at a 110 without the bonnet shut properly. It consequently flew up and bent both the rear corners. The dickhead then got pissed off and tramped it, blowing the 8 1/2 inch diff he had at the back. Now i have to replace both. Just thought youse might find that funny. I know i did.

Daniel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.