XB-XC information please?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 04:25   #1 (permalink)

XB-XC information please??

Hey...does anybody know if an XB front bumper bar will fit onto an XC?Has anybody ever done it? It's just the XC Bars are so damn heavy.I realise that the XB stonegaurd or whatever that panel under the bumper is called would have to be somehow used and work out something with the different turn signal and parker set-up.I am mainly wondering how the top of the XB front bar would line up with the bottom of the XC grille?? Thanx...Luke!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2006, 17:39   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: XB-XC information please??

um..... Why? Youre looking at about 10Kg's difference! and it would look shocking! if you really want an XB bar put the whole front on!
Old 01-03-2006, 00:13   #3 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
Hey...does anybody know if an XB front bumper bar will fit onto an XC?Has anybody ever done it? It's just the XC Bars are so damn heavy.I realise that the XB stonegaurd or whatever that panel under the bumper is called would have to be somehow used and work out something with the different turn signal and parker set-up.I am mainly wondering how the top of the XB front bar would line up with the bottom of the XC grille?? Thanx...Luke!!
Why do you want to do that? it wouldnt line up properly and would look very strange...
Old 01-03-2006, 01:28   #4 (permalink)

I agree it would look strange.If you're worried about weight you could get some fibreglass bars which someone posted on here a while ago as being fairly inexpensive or there is a bit of bracing on the back to remove to reduce weight a bit.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:25   #5 (permalink)
Go the GT's

It is immaterial if it will fit or not, by doin that you will make your car illeagal. The xc's had the fatter heavier bars fitted to meet the crash test ADR's of the time, and the xb ones didnt meet the standard in 77 onwards.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 17:29   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
It is immaterial if it will fit or not, by doin that you will make your car illeagal. The xc's had the fatter heavier bars fitted to meet the crash test ADR's of the time, and the xb ones didnt meet the standard in 77 onwards.
Weren't the XC bumpers put on as a pre-emptive measure for proposed ADR's that never actually eventuated? Thought I read it somewhere, that Ford used the Mustang style bumpers because they were concerned Australia would follow suit as in America.
Road runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 19:37   #7 (permalink)

Designed to withstand a 5Km/h bump with no damage
Old 01-04-2006, 02:36   #8 (permalink)
old B - new B

if you ever hit something hard you will wish you had the XC bumper, those things were strong as .........

read in a mag once that they were the strongest bumper ever fitted to an australian car.

if you are needing to remove wieght for a race car or something then i would be looking at the heavy secondary bar behind the chromed one, it proberly wieghs more than the main one.

remove it and make up some new brackets.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:48   #9 (permalink)

Thanx guy's...I don't care about the strength as the old XC's are strong enough anyway.Another factor is that I think the XA/XB factory front spoilers look much better than the XC ones,wether it's the standard cobra one...or the bathurst one in my opinion!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:20   #10 (permalink)
xc ute

i thought about doing this as well . The xc front bumpers are huge i was wondering what it would look like with an xb bumper and a xb front spoiler.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons