XC Cobra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 06:02   #1 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

XC Cobra

http://www.australianmusclecarsales....alcon_cobra_45
If a cobra is worth 58K then Every GT ever made is worth 70K plus!!!!
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Re: XC Cobra

are you going to buy it?..........................no, then it's none of your damn business what he wants for it. get out of that box you live in 4Vman.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 15:40   #3 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33PY
are you going to buy it?..........................no, then it's none of your damn business what he wants for it. get out of that box you live in 4Vman.
Its a Public forum and its advertised on a public site, im not bagging the car, just amused at the price! get over it !
Old 08-05-2005, 21:20   #4 (permalink)

rarer sexier better than most gt's . so a cobra is worth the same or more. thats a FACT live with it.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:37   #5 (permalink)
Go the GT's

Mmmm, don't agree with all that. Cobras are just 400 left over falcon 500 coupe shells with pollution choked v8's thrown in, plus the 78 update suspension addons. They look great on the outside, dash is dog ugly though..No big Port imported clevos, no top loaders, also most have power robbing air con and the rotten hardly works power glass....On the plus is 4 wheel discs..

What makes it even in the same league as a GT? I place cobras along side superbirds and goss specials. (ALL which I really like) All were limited numbers, all had exciting (SEXY) paint schemes, xa being the tamest, but they are NOT a GT. I am not being elisist or any crap like that, but cobras are elevated and inflated beyond realism (IMO).

Hats off to the owner of this car, it looks great, price seems in the 'Cobra Zone' as I call it, shame about the mags being wrong 8 inch instead of 7's which I would expect for that money.
But at the end of the day, a real good xa gt coupe or an immaculate imported 4v xb gt coupe could be had for that money, and either would be a more desirable car IMO.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/fairmon.../The_Beast.htm
My old XB GT & XD Ghia and GT Coupe Pages 1 to 8

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon2/doorxagt351
My GT Coupe Pages 9 and up

Page updated 13/08/2005....
xagt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:30   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Mmmm, don't agree with all that. Cobras are just 400 left over falcon 500 coupe shells with pollution choked v8's thrown in, plus the 78 update suspension addons. They look great on the outside, dash is dog ugly though..No big Port imported clevos, no top loaders, also most have power robbing air con and the rotten hardly works power glass....On the plus is 4 wheel discs..

What makes it even in the same league as a GT? I place cobras along side superbirds and goss specials. (ALL which I really like) All were limited numbers, all had exciting (SEXY) paint schemes, xa being the tamest, but they are NOT a GT. I am not being elisist or any crap like that, but cobras are elevated and inflated beyond realism (IMO).

Hats off to the owner of this car, it looks great, price seems in the 'Cobra Zone' as I call it, shame about the mags being wrong 8 inch instead of 7's which I would expect for that money.
But at the end of the day, a real good xa gt coupe or an immaculate imported 4v xb gt coupe could be had for that money, and either would be a more desirable car IMO.
Here, Here I agree.

The Cobra is a lovely car, but $58k worth?

As mentioned it was released to clear the remaining Xc Coupes Ford had, no one would have thought in their wildest dreams they would become soo pricey and collectable like this.

I have missed the boat at getting something desirable like a XC Cobra, or XA/XB GT etc, they are all way out of my price range.
Old 08-06-2005, 15:05   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Its a Public forum and its advertised on a public site, im not bagging the car, just amused at the price! get over it !
or maybe you have an agenda with all your club mates to keep GT's over inflated by suggesting all GT's should be 70k plus
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 16:15   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewonder36
Here, Here I agree.
That sould be Hear, Hear!

Short for:
Hear, Hear, what this eloquent speaker has to say.

Which makes it very funny when they say it in Parliament...

/English Lesson.
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 16:17   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe

A Cobra is no different to a late model XBGT Coupe.I agree with JG33PY that GT's are pulling ridiculous money & are being pumped up further by people with an interest in doing so (I am a GT owner & member of a GT club).
Old 08-07-2005, 00:03   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Any collector’s car is worth what the market will pay for it. A true Cobra enthusiast will fork out big $$ for an excellent example, as a GT enthusiast would do the same for a GT. It's all relevant guys.

The Sunbirds and Goss Specials were in a different market position to the XC Cobra. Both models lived in the shadow of the GT’s available in the same model at the time. The Cobra was the symbolic ‘GT’ of the XC range regardless of how underpowered or what GT type features it ‘lacked’ at the time. It was the most muscular factory Ford Falcon money could buy at the time.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons