XC Cobra on E Bay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 02:48   #1 (permalink)

XC Cobra on E Bay

There was an XC Cobra that briefly appeared on E Bay the other day. The guy advertised $9700AUD for it. When I enquired I got a couple of strange emails. He neglected to answer my questions to tell me what number Cobra it was and whether or not is was actually a genuine Cobra. Here are the emails. COuld be a scam, what do you reckon? Get as many people as possible to hand over money. Strange how it went from E Bay so quickly. The guy had NO FEEDBACK and went by the name of JEFF TREK. His email is numaicheltui@yahoo.com.au Does the car even exist? Read, enjoy and beware.

Email ONE:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my Ford.
First of all this transaction will not go outside ebay!
The car looks exactly as pictured, has no mechanical flaws and I will agree selling it for $9,700. I am willing to sell it fast, so get back to me only if you're ready to make this purchase.
I am passing through a divorce with my wife and I relocated in London, UK where my parents live. The car is here as well. We couldn't agree on how to split the goods bought during our marriage and decided to sell most of them as splitting the money is easier.
The payment will be handled by eBay that will act as a middle man in this transaction. They will secure your payment until you receive and inspect the car. Upon your confirmation, they will release my payment. That's fair for both of us since you get to see the car before releasing the payment and I am sure I'll receive my payment afterwards.
Shipping will be handled on my expense ! The car will be delivered in 7-12 days tops.Any other informations regarding this vehicle will be provided only after I will be sure that you are interested in buying it not finding informations about it !
If you're willing to make this purchase, send me your full shipping address,full name and your eBay ID so I can start the process with eBay and also prepare the car for shipping. eBay will send you the invoice and payment instructions.All you will need to do is follow through with their guidelines.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Mattew Walterson

Email TWO:
Hello,
I have take down the car because someone whoa was interested asked me to do this because he will buy and then offere me only 5500 $ !

Maybe the guy is legit, but you have got to agree its very strange and he says the cars in the UK and he will pay for shipping AND sell the car for about a third of what its worth, BIZARRE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2006, 20:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: XC Cobra on E Bay

Definately a SCAM - there was an XY GT on there the other day for Buy it now $9800.00. If you look in the information sect. under international trading you will see a heap of discussion re a large number of different cars. Skylines etc. There definately is NO cobra.
Leavesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:55   #3 (permalink)

Hi guys i have aguy on ebay trying to sell me his XY GT for 5600 dollars through ebay only. Car is Vintage burgundy and a black vinyl roof, 5 slots is a nov 70 model has a svo tag and a lot of option's. i have 5 pics of car some dated last year. He took car off ebay because he reckon's a buyer pulled out and is contacting me now to buy it
AZZA
azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:08   #4 (permalink)

Where is he, whats his email address? Ask him to let you inspect the car.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:15   #5 (permalink)

Its a scam. XB GT last week and I asked if I can view the car. Got the same email as bove. Guys in the GT Falcon club are seeing thier cars for sale.

WWW crime. Just be aware. You aint ever going to get a XY GT for 5.6K

Steve
Pine N Lime XC 5.8 GS Fairmont Wagon,
Apollo Blue 75 ZG Fairlane 50th Anniversary.
Brooklands Green 83 Capri Mk3 2.8i
Green EL Fairmont Ghia (The wifes).
Black BA XR6 Ute
Fordson Super Major Tractor
Fordson Super Dexta Tractor
Ford D1211 tray truck
Yes, I like Fords.
jg66me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 16:38   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg66me
Its a scam. XB GT last week and I asked if I can view the car. Got the same email as bove. Guys in the GT Falcon club are seeing thier cars for sale.

WWW crime. Just be aware. You aint ever going to get a XY GT for 5.6K

Steve
Here in the States, we have escrow companies that will hold the money while the transaction is handled between the buyer and seller or their representatives. E-mail the guy and tell him you will buy the car via e-Bay as he ask but he must deliver to a neutral location and that you have a US escrow company that is holding the money until the transaction date.....see what he says then.

--J
XAFALCONGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 18:58   #7 (permalink)

I think that is what he is talking about in his first email. Getting E Bay to hold the money in escrow. I used to think "escrow" was a town in the midwest, LOL.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:21   #8 (permalink)
Fatso

The same Cobra is currently for sale elsewhere for $55K.

Unique Cars : Classic Cars, Modified Cars, Vintage & Sports Cars : uniquecarsales.com.au
Old 10-11-2006, 18:43   #9 (permalink)

Good work, now how do we nick him? I assume E BAy would not be interested, they would just take down the listing and see their work as done.
Old 10-30-2006, 13:56   #10 (permalink)

Hi,
Just noticed this thread and there was even a guy in Germany trying to sell an XB Coupe for £3000 but the photos were taken in Australia. I rang him once or twice as I was going to fly to Germany to inspect and when I quized him he hung up and never answered the phone again. The car was removed from e-bay a few hours later. They are trying this scam all over the world it seems with our beloved Aussie Fords!
XC_GXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons