XC coupe reverse not working/hooked up? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2005, 22:58   #1 (permalink)

XC coupe reverse not working/hooked up?

ok i have a xc coupe witha toploader box (was orginally a t bar). running along the top of the gear box tunnel on the carpet i have 2 sets of wires, 1 is hooked up toa large switch larger about teh size of a match box u can puill the swich out and it will stay on but i don't know what it is for then there are 2 wires that are conected to any thing and i can't trace the back us teh dispear into teh middel of noware. were is teh top loader reverse light swich or how does it work on them. my box also asa hurt indy shifter so Reverse is next to 1st could this be a problem?
gros16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2005, 23:14   #2 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

Re: XC coupe reverse not working/hooked up?

with the toploader the reverse switch is attached to the shifter. when reverse is selected the lever pushes the switch to activate the reverse lights. these wires are part of the engine bay loom and come down from the firewall along the tranny tunnel. these wires have a 4 pin connector which, yours being auto, could still have the transmission neutral switch attached to it. this incorporates the reverse as well. don't get an original reverse switch ($110) do your own.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:26   #3 (permalink)

I would love to help if only I could understand what you are asking. Please, lift your game and write as everyone else does here.

Paul
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 14:43   #4 (permalink)

basicly how do i hook my reverse swich uop i have a top loader bout orginal box wasa tbar. i also have ashifty kit on my box and am i right in saying i should only need 1 wire to run to the boot as ill just swich the active and use a teh ground there.
what coulor wire is my swich wire?

the wires taht run inside teh car on top of teh tunnel is a white wire with a green trace what is that for? i found out that is is swiched 12v source and all teh wires are from teh same point
Old 05-05-2005, 15:37   #5 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gros16
ok i have a xc coupe witha toploader box (was orginally a t bar). running along the top of the gear box tunnel on the carpet i have 2 sets of wires, 1 is hooked up toa large switch larger about teh size of a match box u can puill the swich out and it will stay on but i don't know what it is for then there are 2 wires that are conected to any thing and i can't trace the back us teh dispear into teh middel of noware. were is teh top loader reverse light swich or how does it work on them. my box also asa hurt indy shifter so Reverse is next to 1st could this be a problem?
And the unmutilated english version of that is....... ?
Old 05-05-2005, 16:44   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull
I would love to help if only I could understand what you are asking. Please, lift your game and write as everyone else does here.

Paul
Yeah, I feel like I am checking my 8 year old's homework, which if it looked like that, I would'nt be too impressed.
Old 05-05-2005, 16:57   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

bolt a L bracket to the box with a switch on it, i used one of the shifter mounting bolts and had no trouble. you need to run 2 wires being a closed loop. make sure the switch is working when pushed in, not the other way around.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 19:05   #8 (permalink)

2 wires woulnd u use an earth of anotehr light or use small lead run to a screw taht goe sin to frame? i need a momentry action normally open swich SPST
Old 05-05-2005, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gros16
2 wires woulnd u use an earth of anotehr light or use small lead run to a screw taht goe sin to frame? i need a momentry action normally open swich SPST
Hey man i'll ask the old man bout it. It'l probably be the switch.
Old 05-05-2005, 23:07   #10 (permalink)

ibe hota new switch and im buying ramps this after noon to and ill get up ther and do it all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons