Ford Forums banner

xc GS on carsales.com Thoughts???

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  EBXR 
#1 ·
XS GS Link

Just emailed him as it says in the email its a limited edition. He reckons its limited edition due to it being " the only ford produced in 1977 and
released as a limited edition with twin head lights." Twin headlights were part of the GS package i thought. Was there some sort of limited edition released in 77'?

Cheers

#2 ·
My hubby's 1977 xc gs Rally pac had twin headlights

i think someones trying to make the car, As far as i know there were no other specialty cars made at that time.

Cheers
Christine

#5 ·
Standard GS, limited edition or not; that looks like a nice sedan... pity he was touchy about more photo's.

He seemed to enjoy pictures from the front didn't he... personally, I like the fat rear of my car :p

#6 ·
I actually emailed him asking for more pics :evilhehe:

In his reply he didnt include any. As far as I am concerned if you cant provide pics that someone is asking for then you dont want to sell the car. My last email to him I asked for the ID plates details so I can check it all out.

He also reckoned the bonnet was from an earlier model XC as the 77 ones were smooth without the vents. Not sure on that one either.

#8 ·
damn that's a sweet looking XC! :ihi: if I had $10k, it's worth the dough considering all the work that's been done to it I reckon

-Dave-

#9 ·
Black EX-R6 said:
He also reckoned the bonnet was from an earlier model XC as the 77 ones were smooth without the vents. Not sure on that one either.
My old XC ute had vents - and it was a 79 model. I thought early ones had FORD across the front of the bonnet, and the later ones had the blue oval badge in the grille.

The description also listed alloy wheels - and they look like the standard GS 12 slot rim to me and definately not alloys.

I think the owner is not really sure as to what he has, or what ford actually sold in the XC range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.