XC GXL options - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 17:51   #1 (permalink)

XC GXL options

hi all

i was wondering if anyone could point me to a list of the options that where around for the xc, mainly what the differences where between the standard 500 to the Gxl.
Pk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 18:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: XC GXL options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pk2000
hi all

i was wondering if anyone could point me to a list of the options that where around for the xc, mainly what the differences where between the standard 500 to the Gxl.
Yep, here they are:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC options 2.jpg (70.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 18:20   #3 (permalink)

The main page with all the options was too big too attach. If you give me your email address I will email them to you.

The 500 had a rally pack option which contained many of the features standard on the GXL, sports dash, soft steering wheel, over riders, bonnet vents, GT fuel cap, Fairmont clock. Rally pack was also available on the Fairmont with the distinction being the rectangular headlights, which the gXL had, being a Fairmont. Standard seat trim for a 500 was vinyl with the rally pack offering houndstooth pattern cloth inserts. The GXL had cord cloth upholstery as standard which was also an option on ZH Fairlane 500. GXL had all the Fairmont options that the 500 didn't get, deep cut-pile carpet, rear reading lights.

Power steering, limited slip diff and rear wheel disks were standard on all GXls even 6 cylinder. They were optional on 500 models rear disks and dual exhaust with V8 engine only. All rear disk cars had LSD standard and all 351s had rear disks standard. You could also buy a drum braked 302 Fairmont with an LSD. The only model to have dual exhaust as standard was the Cobra.

The OPTIONS for the GXL, which has heaps of standard equipment anyway were: Air conditioning, radio/ cassette, sunroof, vinyl roof, dual exhaust, 120.5L long range fuel tank, outback pack(which includes sump gaurd, HD air cleaner and HD suspension), power windows, white roof, (metallic paint and heavy duty suspension were no cost options on the GXL.)

Hope this helps
Old 01-03-2005, 21:59   #4 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

some had bonnet blackouts similar to xb gt.
351 manual had a tramp rod on the passenger side of diff.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons