XD/XE air con into an XC - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2003, 00:17   #1 (permalink)

XD/XE air con into an XC

hi all

can some one please tell me wether the plastic pod that fits up under the dash of the XD/XE Falcons,that holds the air con will fit up under the dash of an XC falcon, so that i can have windscreen/face and footwell aircon in my XC

has anyone done this conversion and was it succesful

thanks for any help forwarded
xcgxl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2003, 17:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: XD/XE air con into an XC

I'm rebuilding an XW Fairmont and I've been told by someone who has rebuilt many old fords of this era, that an aircon unit from an XD - XF will fit under the dash, in place of the original heater box, of an XW/XY without too many problems. You just have to change the position of the two holes into the fire wall for your hoses.

My guess is if it can be done with this model, there shouldn't be any real drama with an XC. Anything's possible. I'm still contemplating wether I want to clutter the engine bay with an aircon unit.

Before you do this, just ask yourself how often do you actually use the aircon? Good luck
XW PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 00:06   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info phil
is the XW/XY firewall the same shape as the XC

as to how much i will use it.....i live at Taree in N.S.W where most summer days are 30 degrees plus with very high humidity
it will also be good to have the windscreen demister for the wet season up here so i can see where i am going
Old 11-03-2003, 15:09   #4 (permalink)

roll Re: XD/XE air con into an XC

Sorry, I don't know about the firewall. Sounds like the best thing to do would be to take your original heater box out and match it up against an aircon unit from an XD/XE/XF unit. That way you can compare size, shape etc. Sounds like a good idea to go with the aircon given where you live. I bet it's quieter there than the rat race of Sydney though.
XW PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 23:45   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: XD/XE air con into an XC

hey Phil how are ya
the mechanic who will be doing all the work for me is going to do the measuring up when he starts the car (see $20,000 XC thread)

mate, it is very quiet up here i moved out of Sydney 4 years ago,it was one of the best things i have ever done

thanks for the info

Mark
Old 11-29-2003, 16:49   #6 (permalink)

I've been thinking of putting air into my XR. But first i need to stop all the hot air leaks into the cabin, plus the ram-air that is inherent in this model. Any ideas on how to stop all these leaks?

What sort of $$$ are you looking at for air installed?
XR_Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons