Xt Or Xy Ute ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2004, 20:18   #1 (permalink)
i love my cars

Xt Or Xy Ute ???

hello peoples i need help !!!
im intrested in one of these two cars (xt or xy ute ) but unsure of what there advantages and/or their faults are!!! anyones expierience in any of these two cars would be appreciated. the car will eventually be built from ground up to be tubbed and draged but driven on the street every now and then. also where there any gt utes made by ford ??? or are they replicas??
once again any info or coments would be appreciated

cheers george
gg1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004, 21:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xt Or Xy Ute ???

Everyone wants XY utes so I'd go for the XT just to be different. What type of engine are you thinking of putting?

Also, no such thing as GT utes built by Ford.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 21:28   #3 (permalink)
i love my cars

there is one for sale (xt) for around $4000 that is what i am looking at but im posting here to find out about rust spots etc etc.the xy is in my head cause i saw some at the drags on wed. they looked nice , motor wise im not sure yet, my mate own a workshop so when i get the car i will start to think about it, but i will show it online while i build her. im setting aside about 30-40 grand that should give me a nice ute!!!

and yeah i thought that was the case with the gt ute, just got confused going to heaps of websites promoting them, while i try to get info on xt/xy's
gg1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 18:47   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33
Everyone wants XY utes so I'd go for the XT just to be different. What type of engine are you thinking of putting?

Also, no such thing as GT utes built by Ford.
Yes there was...Some were built as Dealership Promotion's or something. Although not officially 'tagged' as GT's...they seemed to get the full treatment !!!I know of a guy who ordered his XY ute new and pre-delivery he had it fully decked out to GT Spec's...He still has the car , as is not for sale at any cost. I have even seen a Wild Violet XY Panel Van around , with full dealership GT treatment !!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 18:58   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg1775
hello peoples i need help !!!
im intrested in one of these two cars (xt or xy ute ) but unsure of what there advantages and/or their faults are!!! anyones expierience in any of these two cars would be appreciated. the car will eventually be built from ground up to be tubbed and draged but driven on the street every now and then. also where there any gt utes made by ford ??? or are they replicas??
once again any info or coments would be appreciated

cheers george
I know that it may be more common to buy an XY ute over an XT ute ,But if you are going for a ground up rebuild , i think it is wiser to pick an XY for two reason's...One is that , the XY seem to have a better resale value which is important if at any stage you have to or decide to sell your completed/incompleted project and hope to recooperate cost's in some way. Also , XY is more practical...Ventilated Disc's , Colapsable Steering Column[Ask anyone who has tried to pull out an XR-XT Steering Box before...One word ,'Nightmare']Also , an XW-Y Booster will not fit straight onto an XR-T Firewall without significant modification. Many people do this conversion as XT Disc Brake part's can be hard to find or not very servicable[I don't think they make XT Disc Brake Master Cylinder Kit's anymore???]In the end ...pick the one that you really like the most ...as it will be your car , and should be a statement representing your tastes and values , practical or not , it's all about what you want !!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 23:01   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
Yes there was...Some were built as Dealership Promotion's or something. Although not officially 'tagged' as GT's...they seemed to get the full treatment !!!
They maybe dealership promotions or special orders but they are not factory designed and built GT's.
Old 04-24-2004, 00:13   #7 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

What about an XY GS ute?
Old 04-24-2004, 01:58   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR
What about an XY GS ute?
I know they came in sedan and wagon but i'm not sure about the ute.....never seen a GS ute in a XY model.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:59   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

The GS option was available on the Utility,it was available on sedan,station sedan and utility.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 05:41   #10 (permalink)
wants a manual!

i say go XW ute (or even XR). XY ones are to common and im not much of a fan of XT but at the end of the day its going to be your car so you choose what you like best.
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons