XW Engine number - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 02:50   #1 (permalink)

cool XW Engine number

G'day guys,

A mate has a XW Ute which has a windsor 302(maybe 351) which his mechanic reckons it could be a special from ford.

He gave me the following number G8AE-9425-B, can anyone help confirm if its a special or should my mate tell his mechanic 'he's dreaming'!!!

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Ambrose to go 3 in a row in 2005
Lowndes 2005 Bathurst Winner
jaypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2005, 04:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: XW Engine number

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeter
G'day guys,

A mate has a XW Ute which has a windsor 302(maybe 351) which his mechanic reckons it could be a special from ford.

He gave me the following number G8AE-9425-B, can anyone help confirm if its a special or should my mate tell his mechanic 'he's dreaming'!!!

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Ambrose to go 3 in a row in 2005
Lowndes 2005 Bathurst Winner
=========================================================
In what way did he mean "Special"??? Factory XW V8 Utes wer'nt that uncommon were they ??? As for the Part Number...The first digit should be a "C" and not a "G". The Number seems to be the Casting Number off the Inlet Manifold of a 1968 Ford Engine???
bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:19   #3 (permalink)

Bradford,

I think he meant specially modified by ford(GT motor????). I'll get him to check the manifold for the 'C' number.

]=========================================================
In what way did he mean "Special"??? Factory XW V8 Utes wer'nt that uncommon were they ??? As for the Part Number...The first digit should be a "C" and not a "G". The Number seems to be the Casting Number off the Inlet Manifold of a 1968 Ford Engine???[/QUOTE]
Old 01-20-2005, 13:10   #4 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeter
Bradford,

I think he meant specially modified by ford(GT motor????). I'll get him to check the manifold for the 'C' number.

]=========================================================
In what way did he mean "Special"??? Factory XW V8 Utes wer'nt that uncommon were they ??? As for the Part Number...The first digit should be a "C" and not a "G". The Number seems to be the Casting Number off the Inlet Manifold of a 1968 Ford Engine???
[/QUOTE]

The manifold part number is specific to the manifold, its got nothing to do with the engine number, thats located on the drivers side front side of the block.

Its getting a bit tiring all this "special build by Ford" stuff, guys, just because a car has a V8 engine and some GT parts doesn't mean Ford put them there at the Factory.
Ill say it again, anything optioned on a Falcon has an option code, they don't just randomly pluck parts on the line and say "hey lets put a GT motor in this one" or "a sunroof in this one" Get a letter from Ford listing the codes for your car.
Anything special will be listed there otherwise someone else fitted it at some time in its life..
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 18:58   #5 (permalink)

I had an old ZG Fairlane with the engine number starting in 'S'. Was reliably informed that this was on old Sydney cop car, no big deal in that I afraid.

Paul
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 20:41   #6 (permalink)

Sorry 4Vman, I thought this forum was for people want to find out answers and help dispel myths about their cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons