XW and XY GT Dashes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2005, 04:16   #1 (permalink)

XW and XY GT Dashes

Hey...I hope everyone is having a great christmas? I believe that XW GT Falcons did'nt have the 'LAMPS' light between the Tacho and Speedo like the XY GT's did? That warning light is for the driving lights is'nt it?So if this is true...then did XW GT's have a light somewhere else for the driving lamp's?I have a Tacho and a Speedo here from an XW or XY GT Dash,and was wondering if the XW and XY GT tacho's and speedo's are the same? I mean as far as the little warning lights on the top of each of them.You may be able to see in these pictures that the Tacho has a small red light on top,and the Speedo has a small blue light on the top.I am guessing the small blue one on the speedo is for the high beams?Anyone know if this is correct?and what is the red one for?is this for driving lamps?or maybe alternator or something?? Thanx and all the best for the New Year...Lukeh!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2005, 14:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: XW and XY GT Dashes

The "lamps" warning light is actually a brake light fail indicator, and warns of a blown brake light globe. It was only on XY GT and GS. XW's dont have anything between the speedo and tach. There is an XY GT replica on ebay at the moment (red one) with an XW dash. The car started life as an XW actually.
The blue light on the XY speedo is high beam indicator.
The red light on XY tach is the alternator light.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 19:29   #3 (permalink)

i dont think it warns of a blown globe it warns of a b/m/cyl fault the wire attaches to switch in the proprtioning valve side of the mastercylinder
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11   #4 (permalink)

Aaah...thanx alot guy's!! So I won't have to worry about it then if it is for XY,as I am doing XW.Thanx again...Luke!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:20   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
i dont think it warns of a blown globe it warns of a b/m/cyl fault the wire attaches to switch in the proprtioning valve side of the mastercylinder

The brake fail light is above the fuel, oil and temp guages, and is triggered by the master cyl switch.
The light that has "LAMPS" on the lens inbetween the speedo and tach is a brake light out indicator. Check an XY owners manual, it's the first thing I checked when I bought my XY GS in 1988.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons