xy 351c extractors??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 07:58   #1 (permalink)

xy 351c extractors???

anybody give me any advice on extractors? i just cant see how they will fit with the room available between towers/head and starter motor anybody got any pics to explain?? and anybody know best type/place to get a set? im after a used set rteally but just incase they dont turn up would like the above info
cheers...............oh also what should i expect in torque/hp gains? 351c 2v
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 14:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: xy 351c extractors???

I've given you this info before
sounds like you don't listen
Australia,s 1st V8 muscle car
BA PURSUIT Citric Acid ,leather,manual,premium,stripes
99 Harley Davidson Springer softail custom :badass
4 sale
Genuine 5 slots painted centers NEW chrome rims 14x6 &14x7 new potenza tyres & genuine caps
$3000.00
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:28   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat289
I've given you this info before
sounds like you don't listen
hi fat289 thanx for reply i do listen and yes you have ,,told,, me b4 the thing is m8 im quite happy to ship a set if thats the only way but and as i said to you b4 it depends who you ask i mentioned to somebody recently what you said about never get a rhd set to fit for instance there reply was ,,bollox the blokes talking out his ass maybe cuz he hasnt done it doent meen nobody can,,
theyre words not mine!
another thing recentley i was looking on ebay au and there were headers listed for rhd and lhd that were the same part number.
now you are right i dont want to pi$$ about chopping up pipes for a week when u can get some that bolt right on out the box as you say but there looks like bugger all room on drivers side and i was told whatever set you buy you will STILL have to cut/bend/bash them about to fit so i would lovbe to see some pictures if anybody has some and advice on exactley wich sets will practicly bolt right up out the box, if i can get em cheap used i will oterwise il buy new......................but what are we talking here a few hp or a big worth while gain (genereally speaking)
Old 12-09-2004, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
'77 XC Wagon in progress

For starters, Pacemaker 4into1s will fit an XY - model 4075, I think. Gammaboy has a set in his XY GT Rep, anyway. Would be worth sending him a PM and asking for a couple of shots of his set up - I'm sure he'd oblige.

As for power gains, the rule of thumb is about a 10% power gain, but there are so many variables to take into account that it's damn near impossible giving an accurate figure. Fact is, you WILL make more power and your car WILL sound better. That ought to be good enough.

Finding them secondhand... good luck! I scored my Pacemaker TriYs for $120, but I'm a very lucky boy indeed. And if you can find a set of TriYs to fit instead of 4into1s, I'd get them - more streetable, apparently.

Oh, and finally, find a copy of Performance Ford, Volume 4 Edition 7. In it, they show a photoset of fitting Pacemaker TriYs to... yep, an XY GT Rep.
Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:46   #5 (permalink)

cheers neek very gratefull for the info/advice il probably have trouble finding that mag here in england but would like to see it, i have contacted gamma boy and another member with headers for sale but no replys or anything finalised (bangs head against wall) do you think any 351c x series headers should fit?
thanks again
Old 12-10-2004, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
'77 XC Wagon in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpunk
cheers neek very gratefull for the info/advice il probably have trouble finding that mag here in england but would like to see it, i have contacted gamma boy and another member with headers for sale but no replys or anything finalised (bangs head against wall) do you think any 351c x series headers should fit?
thanks again
Mate, PM me with your email. Have something to send you...
Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 16:53   #7 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpunk
thanks again
Sorry about that not replying, I've been a little busy with sorting bugs out with the new engine/gearbox setup... among other things in my life... lol
Shipping the headers is a bit of a pain because of the size and shape of the damn things... I wouldn't want to just bag them up (although thats how they arrived to me from Ford Muscle Parts) because theres the risk of them being damaged in transit (and I've never had something I've sent get to the other end damaged)
Unfortunately I can't do anything about my headers (4070 btw Neeeek) untill mid january because i'm out of state from the end of the week onwards... And If V8Rumble doesn't want them and you still do we'lll sort something out.

Ben
GammaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 17:50   #8 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

be careful with ground clearance with the 4-1's. my xbgt is lowered at the front about 40mm and the collector flange has 80mm ground clearance.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 18:14   #9 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

4070 = 2V
4075 = 4V

Brenden
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Falcons